Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
A long run out on Saturday...
Left home at around 12:15pm and drove up to Malton in Yorkshire.
Stayed for dinner. Left at around 7:15pm and drove back home.
Mileage 524.8. Overall fuel consumption: 55.3 mpg.
Probably could have got a lot more but I wasn't in 'drive like a nun' mode.....maximum speed
on the journey up was 84mph with a very quick burst up to ummmm 'Bye-bye licence'
and on the way back 73mph.
I went down to Bournemouth last month and drove carefully no more than 65mph but generally
under 60 and got, on the round trip, 61.5mpg.
I still think this is a cracking little motor after 12,000 miles and I really enjoy driving it.
Tonight the driver's side dip beam blew so I will replace that lamp tomorrow.

Today I was out on my trike....you've seen the pictures!.......I'm lucky if if get 30mpg out of that!!

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=4545
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ol'Jeffers for this post:
  • addo
I drove to Cambridge from north Manchester (and back) on Friday last, a total distance of 400 miles. Headwind (about 20 mph) for 40 miles on M62 going east, then south on A1 and A1(M), then A14. All dual carriageway. Did average speed of only 65 mph (true speed as the speedo is very accurate). On board computer showed 44.1mpg. Refuelled on returning home and this gave 44.4 mpg. The car is a 2005 2.0 HDi desire micro camper conversion with a rising roof which probably increases drag by just a little, and it carries some extra weight in the form of fittings etc. It is not short of power and produces no visible exhaust smoke. I think the engine is in good condition having done just over 30k miles. So, quite a difference in consumption figures from Ol' Jeffers,' despite my attempts to drive sensibly.

I also have a 2004 2.0 Picasso which usually returns about 50mpg. I thought the Berlingo had the same engine but it is much nippier than the Picasso. I am beginning to thing the Berlingo has been remapped but have no way of telling. In any case driving a remapped car sedately, I would have thought, should produce better mpg figures. Anyone else care to comment?
(08-04-2013, 12:57 AM)OlJeffers Wrote:  Left home at around 12:15pm and drove up to Malton in Yorkshire.
Probably could have got a lot more but I wasn't in 'drive like a nun' mode.....maximum speed
on the journey up was 84mph with a very quick burst up to ummmm 'Bye-bye licence'
I went down to Bournemouth last month and drove carefully no more than 65mph but generally
I still think this is a cracking little motor after 12,000 miles and I really enjoy driving it.

Today I was out on my trike....you've seen the pictures!.......I'm lucky if if get 30mpg out of that!!

Some good fuel consumption.
I loved driving my MK2 -The Mk3 is much more refined but it just hasnt 'got the love' .
(off you go ron/taxi)
What bulbs are you going to put in next?
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
Good on OJ for a proper "drive". That's a great way to get around, in a favourite car.
(08-04-2013, 12:57 AM)OlJeffers Wrote:  Left home at around 12:15pm and drove up to Malton in Yorkshire.

Don't they have a McDonalds in Aylesford?
Yorkshire is a long way to go for a Big Mac.