Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 2.43 Average
Bulkhead grilles
Hello, I have a mk3 and like to go camping with a car full of gear that I don't want to fall on me when I brake very hard.

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit the van bulkhead and upper grille to the mutlispace?

thanks

John
Berlingo Multispace 1.6HDi 110XTR 5dr
Would the cargo net that comes with the multispace not be sufficient?
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

How big is the scout troupe and their gear that you are moving????

If you are shifting that much gear then sounds as if you need a bigger van and don't brake so hard...
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
(28-01-2012, 10:56 PM)Slowshifter Wrote:  Hello, I have a mk3 and like to go camping with a car full of gear that I don't want to fall on me when I brake very hard.

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit the van bulkhead and upper grille to the mutlispace?

thanks

John
I take it you mean the bulkhead that goes behind the front seats?

Probably not,though the fixing points would be the same the van only has headling over the front seats,the rest is normally bare metal so fixing the bulkhead would be no problem.
However,on the Multispace the headlining runs front to back,so you'd have to find out where the mounting points are and cut through the headlining.
The other thing would be that possibly,or probably,the van floor is higher than the Multispace.The van would probably have a flat floor whereas the Multispace has rear footwells,so the bulkhead would have nothing to sit on or mount to.

Not something I would do personally.

2010 XTR in black with bells and whistles

[Image: 5A50i.jpg]
The cargo net is supplied as standard with the XTR but might be optional with other models so you would have buy one from Citroen parts dept. You would also need the location point on each side of inside roof, these are behind small snap on covers. You can use this net either with rear seats in place to make a full height boot or it can be used with seats folded with top corners of net located in the forward mounting points. I have used this net in both positions & it does the job ok. You can also get universal fitting dog guards that might suit your purpose as well.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post:
  • Slowshifter
The cargo net came standard on my entry level multispace (as well as the two roof carriers for the inside). Dog grill seems a good idea too.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

I think spec varies in different countries. In the UK the interior roof carriers only come with XTR, so possibly so does cargo net.
Thank you everyone who replied. Have given me a lot of food for thought. I omitted to say the wife likes to go glamping rather than camping so we do have a large tent and fridge. Could just about fit all the stuff in a Defender 90 hard top. I prefer not to tow a trailer. Yes I will be either folding the rear seats or actually taking them out.
Berlingo Multispace 1.6HDi 110XTR 5dr