Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central locking issue
I bought a 2002 multispace yesterday to replace my dead '01 forte.  The central locking is off - fuse removed - because apparently, the car started to unlock itself randomly.

The seller put this down to the buttons being damaged on the key fob; I have a two-button fob with no buttons on it, I can see the pressure chips where they should be.

Could anyone shed some light on what might have been going on, and whether it's as straightforward a fix as getting a replacement fob and switching the circuitboard over to it or is it likely to bea more expensive solution?

I can manage without the central locking, the key itself works but it would be nice to have it working.  Thanks.
Sorry, this is not an answer to your question, but a related question about the '01 Forte. I have just bought one and it does not have remote locking (just a standard key with no buttons) and also I have to lock the doors individually (no central locking). Can I assume that this was always the case or that there should be central locking which is not working and I may be able to fix it?
Thanks.
If it was unlocking as soon as it was locked its usually one of the door locks faulty. Then its a process of disconnecting electrics to each door in turn until you find the offending lock. Or someone on here could answer that if it was connected up to lexia software it could diagnose the problem. There are companies that can repair your remote fob or you can buy the chips and solder them on yourself, have a search on ebay.
Not sure which type of key you have but have a look at this as an example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-Citroen-S...20f4231226
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
(16-04-2015, 09:49 PM)steve4736 Wrote:  Sorry, this is not an answer to your question, but a related question about the '01 Forte. I have just bought one and it does not have remote locking (just a standard key with no buttons) and also I have to lock the doors individually (no central locking). Can I assume that this was always the case or that there should be central locking which is not working and I may be able to fix it?
Thanks.

I think that depends on the car and possibly a fault.  My last car was an '01 Forte, it did have central locking but no buttons and it didn't work from the passenger side.
(16-04-2015, 08:23 PM)nikitaN Wrote:  I bought a 2002 multispace yesterday to replace my dead '01 forte.  The central locking is off - fuse removed - because apparently, the car started to unlock itself randomly.

i have that exact issue with the car at the minute, i try to lock it and sometimes it takes 4 attempts for it to take, usually just locks and unlocks straight away, but recently its been unlocking and locking itself throughout the night randomly, past 2 mornings its been unlocked when going out to it, can i just ask which fuse is removed, i dont have the manual but would like to turn off the central locking so im not giving up a free for all to a thief, especially as the lights flash when its unlocking lol
On mine its the front passenger door which seems to be the culprit, I put the key in it and lock and unlock it numerous times and the fault clears for a month or two.
Mar 2002 Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D 166,000 miles