Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alloy Wheel Bolts
Alloy wheel bolts.

Hopefully picking up a set of original 205 GTi 15" alloys tomorrow. What wheel bolts should I use, flat type with the washer built in, are all Peugeot bolts the same thread length and fitment.

Guessing pop down the scrap yard is the best, cheapest way of getting a set.
(08-03-2017, 07:05 PM)Kelvin Lane Wrote:  Alloy wheel bolts.

Hopefully picking up a set of original 205 GTi 15" alloys tomorrow. What wheel bolts should I use, flat type with the washer built in, are all Peugeot bolts the same thread length and fitment.

Guessing pop down the scrap yard is the best, cheapest way of getting a set.
I have the same rims in my Peugeot Partner - 4speedlines, 1 SMR for the spare. Sadly the car is 250kms away, but when I get back, I'll snap and post two designs that fit well and iirc, both have washers. Unlike you I learnt that the steel wheel bolts are no good after I lost a hub over a pothole. In my case I bought both new and used ones. The new ones are the actual ones meant for use but the used ones work as well.
here are the photos. Forgive me for the poor quality. The first one which I bought used is long - both the head and the length with a wide unthreaded shank. I believe they are meant for 406 alloys. the second one which I bought new is shorter with a small tapered unthreaded shank. The second one flushes well with the rim. You will also need to get size 19 wheelspanner.                
Well the 205 GTI Alloys test fit is fine, 195/50/15

BUT

Standard Peugeot/Citroen Alloy wheel bolts seem to be from flat to tip 35mm and barely getting 3 threads on so needing longer Peugeot/Citroen wheel bolts.

Any Ideas, nothing to expensive, guessing something of around 45mm would be good.
(16-03-2017, 11:23 AM)Kelvin Lane Wrote:  Well the 205 GTI Alloys test fit is fine, 195/50/15

BUT

Standard Peugeot/Citroen Alloy wheel bolts seem to be from flat to tip 35mm and barely getting 3 threads on so needing longer Peugeot/Citroen wheel bolts.

Any Ideas, nothing to expensive, guessing something of around 45mm would be good.
Is it like any of the two bolts whose pics I've posted above? Or is it different? I didn't include dimensions, but the smaller one fits about 7 threads and the long one does so many threads.
The one I tried is like the last two pics,

Just been playing and the bolt even though having a flat washer it still has a shank / tapper and that is to big to go through the wheel hole.

Also learned today that Pug/Cit alloy wheel bolts have different sized shanks / tappers.

Not looking good and certainly not paying more than the wheels are worth for brand new bolts.
(17-03-2017, 04:14 PM)Kelvin Lane Wrote:  The one I tried is like the last two pics,

Just been playing and the bolt even though having a flat washer it still has a shank / tapper and that is to big to go through the wheel hole.

Also learned today that Pug/Cit alloy wheel bolts have different sized shanks / tappers.

Not looking good and certainly not paying more than the wheels are worth for brand new bolts.

I got curious to know what length my bolts are. It turns out that they are 37 mm crom head including washer. However, I confirmed that the bolts fit in 7 turns. It could be that our models are different, coz mine is a Peugeot Partner. See photos.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ended up buying new, not original but worked a treat.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301122259889?_...EBIDX%3AIT
(25-03-2017, 05:06 PM)Kelvin Lane Wrote:  Ended up buying new, not original but worked a treat.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301122259889?_...EBIDX%3AIT

I'm glad you're sorted. My next plan for the rim is to repaint, probably change it to dark metallic grey.