Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last!
Hi guys, well my car has finally been in today for the modification to the brake pipes to stop the clanking brake pedal noise which seems to affect a lot of 2014/2015 Berlingos on this forum.
The fix from Citroen Uk was to fit modified brake pipes as per a Citroen Technical Service Bulletin, which have been on order since the end of June.
It's great, when you press the brake pedal and let go again, all you hear now is silence, and not that awful clanking noise!
2014 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 e-Hdi XTR ETG6
Nice to see you got it sorted and not been given to much of the run around  Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Glad you got your 'Clanking Noise' sorted, i suffer with it ! 

I don't suppose you have a copy of the 'Technical Service Bulletin' issued you mentioned have you ? highlighting the problem.
Glad for you. I have also had the brake pipe modification done and it has NOT solved the problem. CLANKING persists!
Garage getting back to Citroen to further discuss. That was over a week ago!
Hi Gollycrush, unfortunately I didn't get the number, I just noticed it mentioned on the job card when I signed it. However, the work was done by my local dealer, Vantage Citroen in Morecambe, so if your dealer is struggling to find it, get them to give them a ring.
Jayjay2cv 
Going to mention it when it's first annual service is due mid December.
I've learned to just come off the brake pedal steadily to eliminate the 'clanking' rather than letting the pedal spring back, but it needs sorting !
I know what you mean! I think I had got used to it, but now that it doesn't clank anymore, you really notice. I don't know why Citroen changed the design for 2014, but I bet it's costing them in warranty fixes!
(05-09-2015, 06:13 AM)Dino Wrote:  Hey! Thanks heaps for your posts on here! I picked up my 65' Berlingo Enterprise this week and within 2 days the clanking started! I called your dealership and he gave me the TSB number which in turn I gave to Citroen Birmingham! I now understand they'll be doing the modification on my van within 2 weeks by replacing the brake pipes by the pedal area with new flexi hose material! My salesman read the TSB to me! I just hope the job is straightforward as I did feel a little strange knowing my van is brand new and now it needs to go on the garage ramp! Here's hoping it solves the clanking problem as on 250 miles of driving I've really noticed it! Cheers again!
(05-09-2015, 06:20 AM)Dino Wrote:  
(05-09-2015, 06:13 AM)Dino Wrote:  Hey! Thanks heaps for your posts on here! I picked up my 65' Berlingo Enterprise this week and within 2 days the clanking started! I called your dealership and he gave me the TSB number which in turn I gave to Citroen Birmingham! I now understand they'll be doing the modification on my van within 2 weeks by replacing the brake pipes by the pedal area with new flexi hose material! My salesman read the TSB to me! I just hope the job is straightforward as I did feel a little strange knowing my van is brand new and now it needs to go on the garage ramp! Here's hoping it solves the clanking problem as on 250 miles of driving I've really noticed it! Cheers again!
Tell us more of the TSB ( I'm presuming Technical Service Bulletin) can you post a copy of it ?
Who supplied your car, Citroen Birmingham ? ( as I'm in Birmingham also ) as I'm going to mention it when my vehicle has its 1st service in December.
(05-09-2015, 07:31 AM)Gollycrush Wrote:  
(05-09-2015, 06:20 AM)Dino Wrote:  
Tell us more of the TSB ( I'm presuming Technical Service Bulletin) can you post a copy of it ?
Who supplied your car, Citroen Birmingham ? ( as I'm in Birmingham also ) as I'm going to mention it when my vehicle has its 1st service in December.