Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGR Valve cleaner
Hi Guys I recently bought an XTR 1.6 HDI and had performance issues with the van being sluggish, I bought some AR6400-D MAX full tanked it and done a 320 mile round trip, had lots of soot shoot out the exhaust and I can feel how the van should be! It's still not 100% but I want to clean the EGR without taking.it off before I do the same trip tomorrow, reason for this is I want.to try de gunk it before I get the EGR blanked next month while it has its service done... only thing is I'm not sure what pipe on my engine to spray it down ( mechanical I am not technical I am lol if that makes sense )[Image: 25cc77df64b5085a95f48729d521c1ad.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
I have the same problems, but direct bought the blank EGR.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EGR-blanking-p...1026206109

4£ Is the final solution I think.
I've got the plate but just out of curiosity I wanted to use the egr spray cleaner and take it up the motorway for few hundred miles to see if there was any difference, it's having a service in December and my mechanic is going blank my EGR with the plate I bought off Ebay.

Did you not clean your EGR? And just blank it straight off?

Using Tapatalk
I think if you give it plenty of long runs on motorways the valve will b ok.diesel engines need a good run.
(27-11-2016, 12:47 AM)WATTYUK Wrote:  Hi Guys I recently bought an XTR 1.6 HDI and had performance issues with the van being sluggish,  I bought some AR6400-D MAX full tanked it and done a 320 mile round trip, had lots of soot shoot out the exhaust and I can feel how the van should be! It's still not 100% but I want to clean the EGR without taking.it off before I do the same trip tomorrow, reason for this is I want.to try de gunk it before I get the EGR blanked next month while it has its service done... only thing is I'm not sure what pipe on my engine to spray it down ( mechanical I am not technical I am lol if that makes sense )[Image: 25cc77df64b5085a95f48729d521c1ad.jpg]

Hi welcome to the forum if you look at your engine where the breather comes out of the rocker cove into the air intake you can see some oil seeping out check the O ring mite need replacing or refitting properly to make a seal . Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • WATTYUK
Hi Guys, I took it for a long run up to Birmingham from wales had a full service done by a garage i trust and he eventually changed the EGR for a new one as it was too badly damaged, also i however need a new seal on injector number 3 and he wants to check my turbo as its not kicking in and thinks its possibly the vanes and turbine itself caked in crud the same as what he cleaned from my engine manifold.
Using Tapatalk
For anyone reading this it's not physically possible to spray something in an intake and have it clean the egr valve, anything you spray in might de crud the intake manifold to some extent, but it will never get near an egr valve itself!! It's snake oil in a tin!!
I ended up.having the manifold cleaned and a new valve guys... but found I now need new turbo vanes and a seal for number 3 injector

Using Tapatalk
Your right it mite get there after its be burnt with the diesel and put through the EGR back into the inlet manifold but what good will that be .
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy