Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Engine] Oil leak XTR 92 Fap
I have just bought a XTR 92 FAP 2010 . I noticed an oil leak around the injectors and has been running down the bell housing onto the under tray. Having just purchased it ,the dealer ship changed the oil etc, is it down the mechanic being sloppy with the oil and not cleaning it up or are there underlying issues or is this nothing to worry about. This is my third Berlingo which were Mk 2 versions , the last one I exported it here to France where I now live, but XTR is LHD and exported from Belgium other than that so far I'am very pleased with it as the spec seems slightly differerent to the french version.Is it any thing I can do first or take it back to the dealership . Many thanks. Huh
If it is *new* oil, then it is probably spillage. If it is black oil then probably a leak.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Col for this post:
  • Pid
(02-08-2015, 11:05 AM)Col Wrote:  If it is *new* oil, then it is probably spillage. If it is black oil then probably a leak.
I took the car back to the dealership and they found its the "plastic" part of the cam cover which has the filler cap  stuated in.The based is distorted allowing the oil to leak every where !Thanks again.
(04-08-2015, 08:32 AM)Pid Wrote:  
(02-08-2015, 11:05 AM)Col Wrote:  If it is *new* oil, then it is probably spillage. If it is black oil then probably a leak.
I took the car back to the dealership and they found its the "plastic" part of the cam cover which has the filler cap  stuated in.The based is distorted allowing the oil to leak every where !Thanks again.

Hi I know this is a few years old now but did it resolve the problem and did you do it yourself or get the dealer to do it if so how much was parts and labour just so I have a ruff idea thanks in advance
(26-06-2019, 04:44 PM)mayo13 Wrote:  
(04-08-2015, 08:32 AM)Pid Wrote:  

Hi I know this is a few years old now but did it resolve the problem and did you do it yourself or get the dealer to do it if so how much was parts and labour just so I have a ruff idea thanks in advance
Basically the dealership had the car for a week and changed every plastic parts on the cylinder head cam cover etc. etc. All under warranty luckily.
This was Ok for a year or so then it started again. So I got rid of it part exchanged it for a C3 Picasso 8 valve. A much better hdi motor than that dreadful 16 valve. Much more responsive.