Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Fuel or valve clearance problem???
Hi again. Sorry to pester everyone again but my berlingo cut out and would not start on the key yesterday! (stranded yet again)!! Left it on my mates drive last nite and he was going to tow me home today. Tried it again and it just turned over but wouldnt start even though id cracked the injectors off to check that i had fuel which I had. We towed it about 25-30 yards and i thought id see if it would bumpstart with a tow and it started straight away!! I let it warm up and drove it home and whilst warm its started on the key first time every time. Now ive let it cool it wont start again:brickwall::brickwall: Does it sound like a fuel problem or valve clearances please?? Someone help before it "accidentally" combusts!! Thanks. Mark
Hi Mark,

When my valve clearances were tight on my 1.9D (DW8B) it had no problems starting from cold but could be a bugger to start when hot sometimes. So maybe your problem is not from valve clearances. Can’t offer any real advice really but thought I’d share my experience with you.
Dave.
Smile it's already happened! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to trader97 for this post:
  • 7tradey1
Check the fuel line or filter for air getting in when you crack the injector it not under pressure so will flow but when under pressure if there's air it will compress when towing the pump will turn faster forcing the air through and start at some time air will get in to system again if it was the valves van would not start when cold but this would build up over time one last point when did you last change your filter check for a crack in the top
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • 7tradey1
I would check the valve clearances.The fuel filter tops do split so check that as well,changing the filter as well if it's old/unknown.Confusedalut:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post:
  • 7tradey1