Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New owner.
Herself and I are about to purchase our first berlingo. It will be fairly old, probably 2000ish, and petrol engine. What should I look out for, please.
Check it like any other car of its vintage+R suspension wear.Good hunting.Confusedalut::thumbsup:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
shop around, I bought my one a few weeks ago and can't be happier with it, also check all the electrics including lights and locking plus check all the warning lights on the instrument cluster like airbag, stop and engine management they should come on when the ignition is on then go out after you start it check the oil filler cap and dip stick for mayonnaise like substance( possible head gasket damage) I bought my 2005 1.6 petrol with a few minor faults for £350 its a bit high on the miles but runs really well and only needed a new exhaust to fly thru its mot, check when the timing belt was last changed and walk away if they don't know unless they get it changed for you as it could go at any time and cost a fortune to repair
get as much paperwork as you can especially service history, I have a huge wad of paperwork with my one and it was serviced at a citroen garage for every service or repair.
don't be put off by a rough interior as my seats have a few little tears and marks , check for water damage in the fuse box area below the steering wheel on the right, and any bad noises coming from the suspension
I see that there are two threads with "new owner" as the title!
Anyway, I now am a new owner. I bought a beautiful "S" plate Berlingo 1.8 petrol, and collected it yesterday. So far, after a 130 mile drive home, its OK, except perhaps for the rear brakes need attention. I'll also have the belt changed. Its only done 30,000 miles, but is 4 years old. I'll sort some tax and insurance for it, get some rear brake shoes, and our old dogs will be happy again, as they struggle to jump into our Range Rover!
BTW, is this 1.8 the same as the Kangoo?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to emmerson for this post:
  • taxi