Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Hi there
Hi, have already posted but didn't have time to introduce myself, I'm in NE Scotland and have owned my Berlingo 1.3 forte Multispace 2001 for about 4 years, my dad bought it new and I bought it off him when he bought another one, I call it the van because its takes about everything you need to shift and its quite reliable. The rubber seals round the door frames are coming away and this sometimes lets water in, this came about as they were probably fitted in a warm enviroment and stretched a bit now its try to get back to its original length. The occasional drunk tries to flag me down as it looks like a taxi, it could have better MPG but at mates rates its been a good buy, hope to keep it for another 2 years.

Winter 25MPG Summer 38MPG
Welcome to the forum

I have also had the drunk thinking I was driving a taxi.

The seals around your doors, I have this same problem. Let's the cold in, in the winter. Last year I cleaned the area with White spirit then made sure it was dry. Used silicone sealer and pushed it back on but held for about 6-9 months so it's off again now.

Lliam
Lliam

53 plate Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D Polar White
Welcome, caravan72. I'm in NW Scotland!

Our first Berlingo also had problems with water coming in, and collecting in the front passenger footwell. The problem occurred when the vehicle was still young, and eventually it got sorted. I'm not sure to this day exactly what the problem was.

By the way, what's this about a Berlingo 1.3?
Welcome caravan72. I'm in northwest Switzerland. Post some pics of your ride. I'm curious what is looks like.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Welcome to the BOF!
http://www.superiorvaleting.net
"from mild to wild"
heloo caravan 72. good to have you on board.
Hi and welcome.Wink
(03-02-2011, 04:28 PM)Northman Wrote:  Welcome, caravan72. I'm in NW Scotland!

Our first Berlingo also had problems with water coming in, and collecting in the front passenger footwell. The problem occurred when the vehicle was still young, and eventually it got sorted. I'm not sure to this day exactly what the problem was.

Sorry, it's a 1.4 my father bought a another 1,4 but its sluggish in lower gears than my one.
(03-02-2011, 03:28 PM)lemsworld Wrote:  Welcome to the forum

I have also had the drunk thinking I was driving a taxi.

The seals around your doors, I have this same problem. Let's the cold in, in the winter. Last year I cleaned the area with White spirit then made sure it was dry. Used silicone sealer and pushed it back on but held for about 6-9 months so it's off again now.

Lliam

Hi, I've been advised that you can buy new seals, I might try your idea but may take it off to get the tightness out of it.
(03-02-2011, 04:28 PM)Northman Wrote:  Welcome, caravan72. I'm in NW Scotland!

Hi there, did your car ever have a replacement front windscreen as I've heard that leaks can occour when this has been done and sometimes it can affect the CPU.
Quote:Hi there, did your car ever have a replacement front windscreen as I've heard that leaks can occour when this has been done and sometimes it can affect the CPU.

No - at least not until after the problem with the water ingress!