Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just bought a 56 1.6hdi
Hi folks, I've just got myself a 56 plate berlingo of the 1.6hdi variety with 89k on the clock. Is there anything that I need to know or that may need doing soon that you know of? Have got a massive stack of receipts of bits its had done to date including some wheel bearings and rear brake pipes. Took a while to start first time but has been sat for a month or so I am told. No smoke of any description, and no lumpiness in idling. But yes...back to the point...is there anything expensive around the corner?

Cheers

Samo
Hello Samo welcome to the forum good to have you with us make sure it's got a full service history and keep it well serviced you may think about blanking or deleting the EGR to stop the muck getting in to the inlet manifold :thumbsup:
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Thanks Jed, it does have a fsh but bizarrely the previous owner had it serviced by a vauxhall dealership and kept all the receipts rather than getting them to stamp the book. Bit of a weird one as I would assume it's a peugot engine. If the egr starts to muck into the manifold do you rwxkon i'm going to get eml on or should I just get a blank plate and do away with it ASAP?

Cheers

Sam
Welcome to the forum Evilsamo.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Check your rear axle as the bearings in these are usually shot by now.

If your rear wheels lean in there shot.

Also as its the hdi engine I would change the oil and filter for the correct type, regardless of what the receipts say and change it regular from then on.
I would think about a cambelt change,trans oil,coolant & brake fluid change.:wave::thumbsup:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(17-08-2014, 10:02 PM)Evilsamo Wrote:  Thanks Jed, it does have a fsh but bizarrely the previous owner had it serviced by a vauxhall dealership and kept all the receipts rather than getting them to stamp the book. Bit of a weird one as I would assume it's a peugot engine. If the egr starts to muck into the manifold do you rwxkon i'm going to get eml on or should I just get a blank plate and do away with it ASAP?

Cheers

Sam

Blank it when you have the time Vauxhall use a Dexos 2 synthetic 5W/30 oil
and semi synthetic both good oil's witch one they use will be on the receipt's if they done the service they will back stamp the service book :thumbsup:

This has been rather prophetic. Eml cane on today...single beep... So I plugged in the scanner and have an egr voltage imbalance. How much do you folks reckon blanking should cost or is this something you reckon I can do in an afternoon - Im good with mechanical things..less so with electrical. Am also seeing a code for the glow plug circuit which is rather annoying. Are the glow plug relays solid on these things or should I go for that first? Back axle appears to be pretty good - tyre wear is even and angle of rear wheels is correct. Homeruk when you say change the oil and filter for the correct type what do you mean? I can see from garage receipts it has had 10w40 semi synth for a while although I would assume a tdi would want a 5w oil. Any clarification on this? The big plus for me here is my previous vauxhall(fiat) diesel would obly drink premium as the fuel system was designed by an imbecile. Hey ho! Cheers folks!
There are threads on oil spec.Total INEO 5W30 is the stuff to use.Look at Neilsons website for good prices.:wave::thumbsup:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(23-08-2014, 07:27 PM)Evilsamo Wrote:  This has been rather prophetic. Eml cane on today...single beep... So I plugged in the scanner and have an egr voltage imbalance. How much do you folks reckon blanking should cost or is this something you reckon I can do in an afternoon - Im good with mechanical things..less so with electrical. Am also seeing a code for the glow plug circuit which is rather annoying. Are the glow plug relays solid on these things or should I go for that first? Back axle appears to be pretty good - tyre wear is even and angle of rear wheels is correct. Homeruk when you say change the oil and filter for the correct type what do you mean? I can see from garage receipts it has had 10w40 semi synth for a while although I would assume a tdi would want a 5w oil. Any clarification on this? The big plus for me here is my previous vauxhall(fiat) diesel would obly drink premium as the fuel system was designed by an imbecile. Hey ho! Cheers folks!
Engine oil Total Quartz ineo ecs 5W/30
Engine oil Filter O/E Mahle P/N OX171/2D you can check this with your Reg number or Engine number :thumbsup: