Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maxi fuse / Rear 12 volt for towbar
HI there Guys ,

Just Purchased my first 59 Reg Berlingo fitted the new witter towbar yesterday went like clock work just one prob can ot get the 12 volt feed to thr Lh rear . followed the infor mation in your post found the place for the Maxi fuse but even with the fuse in place still no 12 volts at the rear  any help please for this NEWBY.

Great vehicle and fits my needs to at tee and the dog are so happy with all the rear space.

are there any fuses that need to go in the fuse box in the glove box ?????  Huh Huh
In the rear, the wire that should have the 'live' feed is the thick white one

Just to ask, you did undo and lift up the main fuse box in the engine compartment completely to reveal a row of 'Maxis' underneath
The fuse goes in position no.2
(20-07-2015, 10:25 PM)HI Ntm  Yes pulled up the fuse box and fitted the maxi fuse to the empty  space #2But have read a post that say you have to have it activated and another post that say you have to make a connection in the glove box so still looking for the correct answer.RegardsPeter Wrote:  ntm1275In the rear, the wire that should have the 'live' feed is the thick white one

Just to ask, you did undo and lift up the main fuse box in the engine compartment completely to reveal a row of 'Maxis' underneath
The fuse goes in position no.2
Refer to this genuine Citroen instructions to help with my explanation below

So you've got this thick white wire shown in picture 6???
If you have, that's good because not all Berlingos of 59reg have them

If you don't have, this thick white wire, then you will need to take a feed from the fuse box behind the glove compartment

Let's assume you do have this wire, then you need to check that its been connected at the other end - see picture 17
This connection is by the fuse box behind the glove compartment

Incidentally, if you don't have the thick white wire in the back of the car, the plug called Z' in picture 17 is where you would take the live feed from to go to the back of the car

You say you have fitted the 40amp Maxi fuse to the fusebox in the engine compartment, so that's good - see picture 47 for reference

The live feed does not need activating by a dealer or anyone with a Lexia/Diagbox, it becomes 'live' when the 40amp Maxi fuse in inserted
The 'activation' only comes in to play when you are using the other two plugs in picture 6

Hope my explanation helps
Big Grin 
(21-07-2015, 07:00 PM)Hi ntmThank you for your reply it was very help full I found that thick white wire connection in the glove box was not connected  ,I pluged the two connection together and hey presto I now have a healthy 12volt supply in the LH rear.  Nor sure why it was not connected or had been disconnected ntm1275 Wrote:  Refer to this genuine Citroen instructions to help with my explanation below

So you've got this thick white wire shown in picture 6???
If you have, that's good because not all Berlingos of 59reg have them

If you don't have, this thick white wire, then you will need to take a feed from the fuse box behind the glove compartment

Let's assume you do have this wire, then you need to check that its been connected at the other end - see picture 17
This connection is by the fuse box behind the glove compartment

Incidentally, if you don't have the thick white wire in the back of the car, the plug called Z' in picture 17 is where you would take the live feed from to go to the back of the car

You say you have fitted the 40amp Maxi fuse to the fusebox in the engine compartment, so that's good - see picture 47 for reference

The live feed does not need activating by a dealer or anyone with a Lexia/Diagbox, it becomes 'live' when the 40amp Maxi fuse in inserted
The 'activation' only comes in to play when you are using the other two plugs in picture 6

Hope my explanation helps
Great to see you got it sorted

The front to back wiring harness for a tow bar is fitted/not fitted depending on the model you have
Scenarios could be:-
1. No harness fitted at all (if buying a genuine Citroen tow bar wiring kit, this front to back harness comes in the kit)
2. Harness fitted, but not all cables connected at the fuse box
3. Harness fitted and all cables connected at the fuse box

From what I've found out, the Van models fall in to scenario 1 and XTR's fall in to scenario 3.
All other models seem to fall in to scenario 2
The above may depend on the age of the car though