Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
My Partner Escapade
Will check my history books, Coco.Confusedtudy:

Liking the engine bay on the 406.
Shows a bit of pride.
Plus you don't get dirty paws and easier to see any potential problems, leaks, etc.
Nice work.
It turned out that my horrible paint finish on the rear of the driver side is the result of a poor spray job in the past (even found a paint run on the tailgate). Managed to get a good price to get the rear panel & sliding door sprayed so took it. Downside is that the freshly painted panels look very slightly more blue from certain angles, & there's a wee bit of overspray under the sills (where the very bottom is black) & inside the rear arch liner. Still a massive improvement on before though.

Seeing as I now had one side stickerless, I took the opportunity yesterday to peel the other side off. No hairdryer required, just took a bit of fingernail work until I had enough to grip & each sticker came off in 1 piece. After a good scrub down with the tar & glue remover I had a clean stickerless passenger side. Also made sense to give it a fairly good clean & polish while I had a clear afternoon.

[Image: 75Clean79124.jpg]

[Image: 75Clean79125.jpg]

[Image: 75Clean79126.jpg]

[Image: 75Clean79127.jpg]

[Image: 75Clean79121.jpg]

307 XSi gearknob fitted a couple of weeks ago. Might have to get a black leather gaiter to match though as it looks a little out of place with the dark grey of the standard item:

[Image: 75Clean79122.jpg]

Unfortunately the 206 leather steering wheel didn't work out as the airbag light was flashing once fitted, but I'm still unsure if it was an issue with the airbag itself (as the blue plug didn't seem as tight a fit as it was in the standard Partner airbag) or a configuration issue as the 206 bag requires the blue & green plugs (dual trigger) whereas the Partner one doesn't. Still have a couple of alternative ideas though.

Rear still looking a little too basic for my liking as I'd still like to get my hands on a Berlingo Desire interior with the picnic tables & front armrests & I'm also keeping an eye out for the little trim panels that go over the top of the sliding door trim panels to give them a little bit of padding:

[Image: 75Clean79123.jpg]
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Escapade 95k

Standard so far

[Image: Signature.jpg]
Very nice motor , i like the de stickered look although it does look a bit naked now lol. very clean as well.
Funnily enough, the other half used to like the stickers on it, but when she was looking today she said that it looks quite tidy without them. I've always found that any stickers or decals on a car tend to become a bit of a dirt & polish trap - you end up with kind of a schmutz build up border around them unless you want to pick them out with your fingernail.
I've actually got a spare rear wheelarch surround trim that I picked up a couple of weeks ago (as the one on there has a knackered clip that leaves it sticking out) & I think that it may be a worthwhile exercise at some point in the near future to pop all of the mouldings off to give it a good scrub underneath as there is a bit of a discolouration appearing under some of them.
In definite need of some wider alloy wheels too as those wheel trims are just too scruffy!
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Escapade 95k

Standard so far

To get polish etc from edges/gaps etc,an old toothbrush works well.(rinse thoroughly before putting back in bathroom,or use someone else's brush).
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(08-09-2012, 08:07 PM)ron Wrote:  To get polish etc from edges/gaps etc,an old toothbrush works well.(rinse thoroughly before putting back in bathroom,or use someone else's brush).

Myself i prefer to use earbuds for that job on paintwork as its softer but i like to use toothbrush on inside of car.
I've got some old toothbrushes that I use for all the nooks & crannies (& textured plastic on the interior), but I still prefer not to have nasty old stickers that give muck a place to build upon.

Standard so far