Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
New car
Ive not been on here for a while because ive just done 27 night shifts.

Next Tuesday or Wednesday im getting a 08 plate Volvo V70 D5 auto SE LUX, im still keeping the Berlingo and using it as a taxi.
To accommodate the Volvo ive had to extend my drive way and take down a Confiner thats approx 30-40ft. I need to order around 1ton of red chips.
When ive got the car ill upload some pics! Big Grin
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
Hope you enjoy the new wheels.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • philip
Got my car yesterday Big Grin I will upload pics later.
Ps no rattles so far :whistle:
When I was researching insurance groups to determine which first car my lad (I) could afford, I was amazed that big volvos appeared in almost every slot from Group 1 upwards.

Like most motorcyclists of a certain age, I have an alternative view of volvo drivers,but well done anyway!
(02-05-2012, 02:00 PM)evdama Wrote:  Like most motorcyclists of a certain age, I have an alternative view of volvo drivers,but well done anyway!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Afraid to say, but.... Disagree, a bad driver is a bad driver irrespective of car make./ model-
(02-05-2012, 08:23 PM)taxi Wrote:  Afraid to say, but.... Disagree, a bad driver is a bad driver irrespective of car make./ model-

Especially when they buy expensive cars & scimp on options like indicators.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Ok heres the Volvo
[Image: 2diixoo.jpg]
[Image: 2hzlo5k.jpg]
[Image: 9qxwms.jpg]
[Image: 1128sbc.jpg]

[Image: 2yotvgx.jpg]

(02-05-2012, 02:00 PM)evdama Wrote:  When I was researching insurance groups to determine which first car my lad (I) could afford, I was amazed that big volvos appeared in almost every slot from Group 1 upwards.

Like most motorcyclists of a certain age, I have an alternative view of volvo drivers,but well done anyway!
Because Volvo have just about every safety feature there is thats what make Volvo cars fairly cheap to insure.

(02-05-2012, 08:23 PM)taxi Wrote:  Afraid to say, but.... Disagree, a bad driver is a bad driver irrespective of car make./ model-
I too used to think that people that drove certain cars were certain kind of drivers but it doesn't matter what people drive, you got good and bad drivers in all kinda cars.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to philip for this post:
  • Andre, taxi
I am shocked that no-one has mentioned that the most careful, considerate drivers are taxi / private hire drivers.

(03-05-2012, 12:41 PM)philip Wrote:  Ok heres the Volvo

(02-05-2012, 02:00 PM)evdama Wrote:  When I was researching insurance groups to determine which first car my lad (I) could afford, I was amazed that big volvos appeared in almost every slot from Group 1 upwards.

Because Volvo have just about every safety feature there is thats what make Volvo cars fairly cheap to insure.

I too used to think that people that drove certain cars were certain kind of drivers but it doesn't matter what people drive, you got good and bad drivers in all kinda cars.
whens the taxi plate getting fitted ? lol.
(03-05-2012, 01:02 PM)taxi Wrote:  I am shocked that no-one has mentioned that the most careful, considerate drivers are taxi / private hire drivers.

(03-05-2012, 12:41 PM)philip Wrote:  Ok heres the Volvo

whens the taxi plate getting fitted ? lol.
NEVER! lol