Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
New van! :D
My berlingo was delivered yesterday, and i want to tweak it already! Ive ordered some wind deflectors and will be ordering a tdi tuning, tuning box tomorrow. I do have two questions though. Its a 1.6 hdi 75ps, does it have a dpf? Its a 2012 model. Also, ive heard that you can 'wind up' the actuator on the turbo for more boost? Im not a mechanic so i have no idea what this means, i just want it to be faaaaster! Make that 3 questions.. What can i do so you hear the wastegate? Call me what you will, but i like it Smile thanks !
Yes it does have a DPF (FAP is what the French call it). If you use a reputable company such as Quantum Tuning
to re-map the ECU or buy one of their plug in units then you won't need to alter the boost.
You need to make sure that any 'invisible' mods like this don't invalidate the guarantee. Although when the vehicle
is serviced it's not going to be obvious that changes have been made, if one of the service guys, who will be used to
driving a 75 bhp van, takes it up the road on a test drive it may well cause some raised eyebrows.
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
(01-12-2012, 08:08 PM)til5101 Wrote:  My berlingo was delivered yesterday, and i want to tweak it already! Ive ordered some wind deflectors and will be ordering a tdi tuning, tuning box tomorrow. I do have two questions though. Its a 1.6 hdi 75ps, does it have a dpf? Its a 2012 model. Also, ive heard that you can 'wind up' the actuator on the turbo for more boost? Im not a mechanic so i have no idea what this means, i just want it to be faaaaster! Make that 3 questions.. What can i do so you hear the wastegate? Call me what you will, but i like it Smile thanks !

If you wanted more power,why did you buy the 75BHP model?Confusedcratch:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Unfortunatly i didnt get to choose the model, i wanted a 2.0 hdi but was not allowed Sad thank you for your advice jeffers. This is why im not going for coilovers and wheels, a tuning box can be easily removed ... Wink
You might have wanted to find out when the 2.0HDi was discontinued
Ah, i assumed they still built them? Clearly not eh? This is my first citroen, so im very rusty with model history! Sad
If you want to play, look here:-

http://www.tdocuk.com