Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil seals for filter housing
Hi all,

I am having problems trying to source a oil seal kit for my oil filter housing that joins the engine block.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a set as citroen australia only sell the whole housing with them and this as you can imagine cost an arm and a leg

I am also looking for a post cat oxygen sensor that has the blue connection

Any useful help is much appreciated

Cheers
Cannot directly help with the seals but how about Ebay for the sensor ?

You could use the internet to find which sensor you need from a major manufacturers catalogue and use the information to search with eg, NGK / NTN
http://ngkntk.co.uk/index.php/technical-...a-sensors/ work your way through the part searcher.

What sort of seal is it you require ?

A paper type gasket can be home made and be 100% effective.

An O ring type can be made using " O Ring Cord " cut to the correct length, cut square on both ends, and then with a single drop of superglue joined together to effect a perfect seal - best to practice a couple of times or lay the cord on a plastic surface that doesn't stick to superglue. This product comes in many sizes so measure the old one before buying.

I use these methods in an industrial setting so it does work and indeed there are kits sold for this very purpose.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
There's an incredible array of O-rings for sale on eBay..
(I've yet to discover a size not available there... )

Other types such as cork or rubber gaskets can be cut from sheets of the stuff.
1.4 petrol, right?

1103L8 "Oil filter seal pocket" is three O-rings - two for the adaptor against the block and one for the filter's plastic top cap. $70 here; how good's that? :eek: Thirteen Euro plus tax in France.
(10-05-2014, 12:08 PM)addo Wrote:  1.4 petrol, right?

1103L8 "Oil filter seal pocket" is three O-rings - two for the adaptor against the block and one for the filter's plastic top cap. $70 here; how good's that? :eek: Thirteen Euro plus tax in France.

From that part number Ebay list them for small money ... £19

Ebay 280910286912
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

i got one for my picasso 1.6 petrol 2001 ,never used it ,think it was £20 will add a pic later .
2010 1.6 hdi 110bhp XTR
(10-05-2014, 03:40 PM)geoff Wrote:  
(10-05-2014, 12:08 PM)addo Wrote:  1.4 petrol, right?

From that part number Ebay list them for small money ... £19

Ebay 280910286912

Thanks Addo, I just purchased one kit, only problem they do not post to Oz so got it sent to my sisters in blighty who will forward it to me.

Now to source the post Cat O2 sensor

Ok Oil seals purchased & on their way down under, now to source this post cat sensor, the P/T No on mine is 963696380 which does not correspond to any that I have searched for, I found one that NGK have for my vehicle but can not find a seller, NGK P/T No: Post-CAT 69 4 1230 OZA659-EE8 so if anyone knows where I can purchase it then please let me know.
Ebay shows the NTK item 221395888922 -this one is the first on the list and not chosen on price.

You could try anothermake, eg Denso .... Download their catalogue from here and scroll way way down to find your vehicle. Lots of interesting data about how they work there too.

http://www.denso-am.eu/lambdaSensors.asp
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

(11-05-2014, 11:05 AM)geoff Wrote:  Ebay shows the NTK item 221395888922 -this one is the first on the list and not chosen on price.

You could try anothermake, eg Denso .... Download their catalogue from here and scroll way way down to find your vehicle. Lots of interesting data about how they work there too.

http://www.denso-am.eu/lambdaSensors.asp

Thanks geoff,

I have spoken to NGK and asked for their advice

It turns out citroen have fitted a 2003 sensor to my van so I called citrien to try and confirm this and i am awsiting their reply. NGK know this because the sensor in my car only has a 500mm wire whereas the one for the 2002 model is 1230mm long. So the sensor i require hopefully is this Oza341-pg5 but like i aaid i await citroens confirmation
I can't find a reference to the 1230mm lead anywhere on the M59 listings.

Both sensors are around half a metre; 555 and 565 as given. There is a substitution offered using an uncommon C5 oxygen sensor and they just say to bundle up the excess cable (it's six feet long).

You can always temporarily remove the existing sensor to identify it by part number - most likely a Bosch.