Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rattle (it's a Berlingo after all)
Mine suddenly developed a very annoying rattle last week and I traced it to the plastic covering on the inside of the tailgate.  At the bottom edge (near where the pull down strap is) the covering has come loose suddenly.  I pulled it up about a cm and had a look inside but it is not immediately clear what should hold it down and tight against the tailgate.  Looks like there two holes in the metal as well as corresponding holes in the plastic where some plastic clip or post might go but no old parts came rattling out and I am at a loss to find what had held it in place previously.  I have it duct taped in place at the moment (no I'm not from Oklahoma  Big Grin ).  Does anyone have a diagram or know what should hold it in place?  Thanks in advance.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Look on ebay for Berlingo trim clips. They're small white things. I bought a packet of 20 for about a fiver last year. Yank the tailgate plastic off, remove all the broken clips - there will be a few, replace with new, put it all back together. A good slap pushes the clips into the holes.

I went one stage further and got some self tappers and drilled 2 holes through the plastic into the tailgate about 2" above the 2 clips in the "centre" of the tailgate and screwed the thing down tight. It still buzzed so I removed it again and packed behind it with insulation nicked from the loft!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Growler73 for this post:
  • 3rensho
Thank you Growler. Will have a look for some.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

(16-03-2016, 08:10 AM)3rensho Wrote:  Thank you Growler.  Will have a look for some.

These are what I ordered... I've just ordered some more from the same seller.  They're in Lithuania but they're speedy with the delivery if you can wait a week or so - for £2.89 and 20 of them, it's worth it to me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121763519175
http://www.sdproducts.co.uk/panel-and-tr...rs-plastic

they're called nylon rivets - you can get them virtually anywhere for next day delivery
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
I don't believe any of those on that page are suitable for the tailgate trim.
(16-03-2016, 01:16 PM)Growler73 Wrote:  I don't believe any of those on that page are suitable for the tailgate trim.

It's just to give you an idea - you can buy them anywhere and they don't need to be exact to what citroen had used - so long as the head diameter, hole diameter and length are correct you can pretty much use any style. I had a similar problem with my focus and ended up using some we had in stock here.
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
The issue with these fasteners is that you can't use ones that have the rivet bit in the middle that needs pushing in.  They slide into little slots on the back side of the tailgate plastic so aren't accessible to be pushed into the hole.  You put them in the trim, then line the trim up and give it a slap to pop them into the holes where they clip in themselves.

You can see what I mean on the attached pic. The fasteners have little "slots" they fit into , but are hidden by the tailgate.. this is the tailgate trim from my 04 plate..

(15-03-2016, 11:28 PM)doofer Wrote:  I almost fly out of the windscreen when her highness shuts our boot.  I'm not surprised they end up falling apart eventually.

It's heavy all the way down, then it suddenly gets light, then wallop!

hahahaha, just like my mrs with the van doors when she shuts them BOOM pmsl
[Image: smokingdog-1.gif]

Berlingo First,75bhp 1.6hdi,58 plate....225k and counting.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ians_lingo for this post:
  • rnamman
Oh Its meant to rattle then? lol

My boot is fine (For now) but the drivers door drives me nuts, But it only rattles when the window is fully closed. If you rapidly hit the button to take the pressure off and drop the window ever so slightly, It stops rattling!

I've seen the pics on here on how to take the door cards off and it looks way too complicated for an amateur like me so Its just going to stop the way it is.
16 Plate Berlingo Multispace XTR