Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MOT today
(02-10-2013, 08:18 PM)daviddb Wrote:  Blurb on the Aol dot com site today lists the B'lingo as the second most likely car on the UK market to fail it's firts MoT.
Pass rate: 67.84 per cent
Average mileage: 43,437
Total tests: 7,182

Only Renault's Kangoo was worse

The blurb originated from a site tootcompare.com about which I know nothing.

yrs

david

Seems strange then that many on here are getting their Berlingo's through MOT's without hassle and mine only needed a measly £1.75 spending on a bulb to get it through, Free MOT and free fitment of bulb..... this is the third time of putting the old girl through since I have owned her...
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
If you had'nt replaced your bulb & car had failed then it would have been part of largest Berlingo mot failure statistic, that right, 25% of mot failures are due to 'lighting fault' which one takes to mean blown bulb which shows how pointless these 'relability surveys' are. Confusedcratch:
(03-10-2013, 06:54 AM)Opensauce Wrote:  If you had'nt replaced your bulb & car had failed then it would have been part of largest Berlingo mot failure statistic, that right, 25% of mot failures are due to 'lighting fault' which one takes to mean blown bulb which shows how pointless these 'relability surveys' are. Confusedcratch:

Actually I DIDN'T replace the bulb, the Main Dealer who coincidentally was the MOT testing station, replaced the bulb and charged me parts only no labour content. This was stated previously in the topic ... but as you state it has probably gone down as a failure statistic..... not really too bothered as I got the MOT free of charge in any event..
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
(03-10-2013, 10:33 AM)andy-womble Wrote:  
(03-10-2013, 06:54 AM)Opensauce Wrote:  If you had'nt replaced your bulb & car had failed then it would have been part of largest Berlingo mot failure statistic, that right, 25% of mot failures are due to 'lighting fault' which one takes to mean blown bulb which shows how pointless these 'relability surveys' are. Confusedcratch:

Actually I DIDN'T replace the bulb, the Main Dealer who coincidentally was the MOT testing station, replaced the bulb and charged me parts only no labour content. This was stated previously in the topic ... but as you state it has probably gone down as a failure statistic..... not really too bothered as I got the MOT free of charge in any event..

During the service the main dealer advised that a couple of indicator bulbs had lost sufficient of the orange colouring to show white & this would be an MOT fail. They popped in a couple of new ones for £1.75 each - jobs a good un, but this would have added to the "Statistics" if it had not been remedied