Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.83 Average
XTR Lap belt
Got my 09 XTR a couple of weeks ago from a Citroen dealer. Went to
pick up four family members from airport only to realise that the rear centre seat lap belt was missing! I thought it was in with the still wrapped in cellophane cargo net packet in the back. The belts I could see were part of the net fasteners. The dealers have blanked me and so I priced one from them at £120!! Shocked and miffed to say the least. The belt has a male fitting both ends, the female holders are attached to each side of the seat. Can any one advise on a cheper, just as safe alternative. I know, I know, no price on safety and if needs must, I will have to bite the bullet and buy!
(17-10-2012, 03:27 PM)Mindyerlingo Wrote:  Got my 09 XTR a couple of weeks ago from a Citroen dealer. Went to
pick up four family members from airport only to realise that the rear centre seat lap belt was missing! I thought it was in with the still wrapped in cellophane cargo net packet in the back. The belts I could see were part of the net fasteners. The dealers have blanked me and so I priced one from them at £120!! Shocked and miffed to say the least. The belt has a male fitting both ends, the female holders are attached to each side of the seat. Can any one advise on a cheper, just as safe alternative. I know, I know, no price on safety and if needs must, I will have to bite the bullet and buy!

Is your centre lap belt not up in the roof like it is on mine?? As you look from the boot look up left hand side of the headlining.
[Image: 2012-10-17-033_zps30d83ffa.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Muppet1 for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo
I would go back to the dealer and remind him of the sale of goods act that you brought a car that can carry 5 people legally so you would expect there to be 5 seat belts, He should of pointed out to you that the belt was not there so you were only buying a 4 seater. The car has been sold not fit for purpose. You have to be firm with them and don`t be fobbed off. There is no way that would be the cost to a citroen dealer and if he wants to play hard ball speak to head office and trading standards. In the meantime if you have the V5c back you could try ringing the previous owner and see if they have it.
Good luck and stand your ground.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo
The centre belt is 3 point as required by law but its operation is slightly strange. Sitting in centre seat you will see black female fitting on left at seat base & red on right. Pull seat belt from left rear roof as in picture, over left shoulder, the sliding male locates in red female & fixed one at end of belt into black female.

It is odd that your Citroen dealer did not explain the operation to you if you did not understand. I would agree it is not obvious, It took me a while to suss it out.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo
I feel such a dope !! Sure enough, just been out and thar she blows. I feel so humble and wonder
why the dealer never mentioned this when I asked for a quote. I can now accept why they wanted
£120. Homer eat your heart out!! Thankyou
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mindyerlingo for this post:
  • thurrockdave
(17-10-2012, 08:52 PM)Mindyerlingo Wrote:  I feel such a dope !! Sure enough, just been out and thar she blows. I feel so humble and wonder
why the dealer never mentioned this when I asked for a quote. I can now accept why they wanted

It hurts, but not as much as £120 out of your pocket would.

Great forum this innit.:thumbsup:
[Image: 108137.png]

Do not write below this line. Office use only.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to thurrockdave for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo
As Homer would say Doh. We have all done it and will probably do it again and look on the bright side you still got 120 quid in your pocket.Now wheres my glasses:whistle:
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo
I really dislike that middle rear seatbelt arrangement. Watch out when someone disconnects it wrongly-on occasions it shoots off towards side window like a bullet.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo
all I can say yet again is this is the beauty of such a friendly forum........We [ the forum] win again.....
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo
(17-10-2012, 08:52 PM)Mindyerlingo Wrote:  I feel such a dope !! Sure enough, just been out and thar she blows. I feel so humble and wonder
The dopes would appear to be all at your Citroen dealers. I can't see why a staff member either in sales or service did not explain the operation of the belt to you & what exactly were they trying to sell you for £120? Anyway, glad you have it sorted now. Its what this forum is for, collective knowledge.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo