Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
advice please, 2 berlingo problems. indicator and sliding door lock faults.
Hi All
I have only just joined this forum so i would like to say hello and also would appreciate any advice to help regarding two problems with my recent purchase, a 2003 berlingo 1.9 diesel multispace car.

The handle to the rear sliding door lock is very loose and does not open the door although i can open the door from the inside, maybe something has snapped inside the lock, but not sure. Is it easy to remove the sliding doors internal cover? does the sliding door have to come off to do this?

The second and more important problem is the indicator, the left indicator is fine, but when i indicate right, the right indicator comes on as normal, but after turning right it cancels, but then starts indicating left.

Any advice would be appreciated
thanks
Tommy
Dont know about your sliding door but your indicator switch is knackered,

Confusedillyme:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to brodfather11 for this post:
  • thosd
Hi, your door handle is probably the pin thats broken. See link :thumbsup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Berlin...337d55c338
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Rustscrat for this post:
  • ron, thosd
as above sounds like the door handle pin. done mine a while back.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to landcrab for this post:
  • ron, thosd
have a search for my thread "ive only gone and fixed it" my same indicator problem/fix is still working fine........lovely jubbly
03 1.9DLX van
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to stevetiler for this post:
  • ron, thosd
WOW!

Thank you so much for all your kind advice, i very much appreciate it!

Steve your sponge trick worked!!! Ive just put a bit of sponge on the bottom of the indicator stalk and
tested it, drove around the block turning right on several occassions and the right indicator now cancels itself
without the left one coming on, I could not stop laughing as i drove the car, it was a good job it was dark
otherwise people may have seen me laughing so much, i will have to trim the sponge a bit and cover it with
a bit of black tape to make it all look neat, but its great, many thanks Steve

I will order the sliding door lock pin of ebay, thanks for the link Rustcrat. Can i just please ask how to remove the internal
rear sliding door trim, i presume i can do this without taking the door of its track, but not too sure how to remove it from the
inside, are there any screws to remove or does the trim just pop off

many thanks again to all
Tommy
mate , i i was laughing my head off when i did mine,all that time putting up with it ,and all it needed was a bit of sponge, fair play mate,steve
03 1.9DLX van
(19-01-2013, 07:01 PM)thosd Wrote:  WOW!

Thank you so much for all your kind advice, i very much appreciate it!

Steve your sponge trick worked!!! Ive just put a bit of sponge on the bottom of the indicator stalk and
tested it, drove around the block turning right on several occassions and the right indicator now cancels itself
without the left one coming on, I could not stop laughing as i drove the car, it was a good job it was dark
otherwise people may have seen me laughing so much, i will have to trim the sponge a bit and cover it with
a bit of black tape to make it all look neat, but its great, many thanks Steve

I will order the sliding door lock pin of ebay, thanks for the link Rustcrat. Can i just please ask how to remove the internal
rear sliding door trim, i presume i can do this without taking the door of its track, but not too sure how to remove it from the
inside, are there any screws to remove or does the trim just pop off

many thanks again to all
Tommy
The indicator may have broken a piece of plastic inside the stalk assembly (Comm 2000, you'll find plenty of references to it on here). On mine it fouled the operation of the indicator, sometimes it was very hard to put the right indicator on. Also occasionally it forced the main beam on. very dangerous obviously. So, sorry to be pesimistic, but your indicator problem may not be solved just yet.

As for the door handle, had my nearside pin go coiple of months ago. I took some photos at the time. Haynes says you have to take the door off. Not sure its strictly necessary, but not sure you can get all the plastic bolts holding the main door trim if you don't (anyone?). Anyway I took door off. Haynes says remove trim above door. They don't account for modutop!. I tried to drop modutop, as one of the doors on the overhead cupboards had broken. Ended up at one point on my own holding modutop with various wiring assemblies to disconnect. Not recommended! Anyway if you have modutop, you can release some bolts and pull it down gently and you should be able to get trim above door off.

The door has a runner at top, middle and bottom of door. The middle needs to have some bolts undone on the door. At he bottom, these's an endstop fixed at the end of the groove in the door frame. A bolt secures it. Once released the door can be slid further along than normal, and comes off the runners. There's no wires to worry about, as connections are made via spring loaded contacts.

With the door off, take all the plastic bolts out (I used a small crowbar). There is a plastic rain shield that needs peeling back before you can get to the handle assembly. Handle secured by a few torx screws from memory. Take note of how the connecting rods connect to the lock assembly.

My new pin was a bit big for the holes in the handle. I decided to make the holes bigger, rather than file pin. Has a bit of a nightmare trying to get handle and rods back through hole, then realised handle was upside down! Also found you might need to adjust position of one of the rods as mine locked OK, but wouldn't unlock.

Good luck.

Would it be useful if I p

(20-01-2013, 04:48 PM)Modmytop Wrote:  [quote='thosd' pid='34720' dateline='1358622107']
WOW!
Would it be useful if I p
Oops didn't check the bottom of the post before I posted!
Mind you I do need one so bye...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Modmytop for this post:
  • Rustscrat
As far as I am aware no-one here has removed the entire door to
replace the pin. I believe that the lock assembly may be removable
through the edge of the door. Some one will come along and confirm this
I'm sure.

This link seems to confirm that I may be correct:

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthrea...+door+lock
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
(20-01-2013, 07:22 PM)OlJeffers Wrote:  As far as I am aware no-one here has removed the entire door to
replace the pin. I believe that the lock assembly may be removable
through the edge of the door. Some one will come along and confirm this
I'm sure.

This link seems to confirm that I may be correct:

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthrea...+door+lock

Only me then ! That's haynes for you.