Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headlight lift motor
Anyone know if headlight leveling motors are wired directly to motors or via headlight connector and is there a way to test motor in situ 1.6hdi be lingo van 07 plate
Not sure about a Mk.2 but on a B9 the bulb connector just seems to have the wires for the three connector pins (H4) on the lamp. 
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

(18-01-2015, 03:45 PM)3rensho Wrote:  Not sure about a Mk.2 but on a B9 the bulb connector just seems to have the wires for the three connector pins (H4) on the lamp. 

The only wires I can see go to the back of headlight connector which have about 8 wires and a red locking bar
Oh, then the Mk. 2 is quite different. Someone will be along shortly with some Mk. 2 knowledge.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Now it;s dark you can go out side start the berlingo turn on the light's turn the switch  for the motor's from 0 /1/or 2 and back to 0 see if the head light's move up or down i think that's what you looking for  Exclamation
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(18-01-2015, 05:23 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Now it;s dark you can go out side start the berlingo turn on the light's turn the switch  for the motor's from 0 /1/or 2 and back to 0 see if the head light's move up or down i think that's what you looking for  Exclamation

O/s works n/s doesn't is there a way to test the motor that doesn't
You can usually hear them working if you listen closely, they also vibrate slightly when working, so you can feel it..
Mine only work when in the dipped position
(19-01-2015, 08:40 AM)brodfather11 Wrote:  You can usually hear them working if you listen closely, they also vibrate slightly when working, so you can feel it..
Mine only work when in the  dipped position

Yes I can feel the o/side working but not the n/side I wondered whether it might be a wire loose looking at the wiring diag in the workshop manual it looks like it is wired straight to the motor Fromm the wheel switch on dash but theres no wires directly to the motor just to the back of headlights but it seems to much of a hassle to remove headlight I wondered if there was a way to test motor in situ