Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
how can i make my 1.9 d belingo be faster really slow to drive
hi im new to this .i got a 1.9 d 2003 belingo.its really slugish ,you come to any hills e.g on motorway you got to get a run up to get over the hill the other side .in town drives ok .i think i need some adjustments on the fuel pump,can any one tell me what i could adjust to get a bit more power from it
(20-03-2012, 09:19 PM)scoot Wrote:  hi im new to this .i got a 1.9 d 2003 belingo.its really slugish ,you come to any hills e.g on motorway you got to get a run up to get over the hill the other side .in town drives ok .i think i need some adjustments on the fuel pump,can any one tell me what i could adjust to get a bit more power from it

Confusedillyme: Err you can't basically. Welcome to the wonderful world of the 1.9d slug. Sit back and enjoy the 'thrill!' Just wave to everyone as they pass you, wave back when you pass them on a long downhill! :whistle:
1.9d Mk2 (M59/BE4/5) with battle scars from a conservatory attack. Previously owned a 1.4i Mk2 Forte.Confusedalut:
Mines really dead to, you have to hammer the life out of it to go up hills at 50 lol.
Your going to have to get used to it because you cant do a thing about it . You cant even get her remapped ethier
Sell it and get a 2.0hdi, mine goes lie a scalded cat and does 600 miles to a tank.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
What sort of fuel pump is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep the weight down to a minimum, i remember driving a fully loaded 1.9d down to kent once..stuggled to overtake HGV's lol. You might be able to turn the feuling up a little too? TBH the only way to make a Berlingo quick is XUD/HDi!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile

(21-03-2012, 10:37 PM)steve valentine Wrote:  Sell it and get a 2.0hdi, mine goes lie a scalded cat and does 600 miles to a tank.

According to the Wikipedia page, there is no 2.0l option. 

Do you know something different ?
You dont believe everything on Wikipedia do you ?.

I had a 2.0l berlingo and it went like the scalded cat but drank a lot of milk to keep it going.
2020 Rifter 1.5 allure
2010 B9 red XTR w a v. 
2001 1.9d DW8B white  Berlingo  
2005 2.l green Berlingo
2001 1.9d DW8B white  Berlingo 
berlingo 1.4 red multispace
1993 xud 1.9 red partner
It's true there is no 2.0 HDi for the 2nd Gen B9, but the 2.0 (DW10) is listed in the engines for the M49 / M59.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_Berlingo#Engines
No mirace cure, but optimise what you have - a dose of injector cleaner, a new air & fuel filters, correct tyre pressures, only thin people on board, no pets etc.  A long uphill blast at peak revs in 3rd to clear some soot out of the exhaust - at least you'll be as good as it gets !