Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
iv decided i hate berlingos
No love for mine anymore. First car/van iv not liked, iv had it over a year but iv decided it has more features I hate than like.

Like its ok in corners as long as not pushed to much, tends to drift even with good tires, ford transit corners only slightly worse.

Nippy in town, poor enough above 100 kph.

Ridiculously undergeared At speed.

Brakes are poor enough. Brake pedal travel is the wrong direction, it's not at 45 so a foot pressing is right, it's more in line with the floor so to brake hard you have to push forward buts its hard to control then.

My clutch pedal pivot keeps braking, and the pedal is much more forward than the others.
Too close together so you can't wear work boots.

s**t uncomfortable seats. And doesn't go back enough for a 6 foot person to be in the right position.

Needs a side door and abs.

Door locks are made of cheese.

Relays for the back wipers are next to the driver so its constant tick tick.

Random noises from the suspension, which is too soft.

No proper mountings for a hitch, yes there's kits but they just mount to everywhere.

Good points,

Decent mpg if drove easy

Great handbrake.
And yes I know you can probably get a more powerful berlingo but the most common 07 1.6 hdi is what I got. Yes the newer one is probably better.

And a side door and abs was probably a option nobody went for
A lot of bad points then lol, i am 6ft 5 and i dont have a problem with seat at all, are you getting rid of it then
Ya donno what to get though.

Maybe a caddy
i do like the new caddy they seem a nice van.
I love Caddy's! Would've got one but the budget wouldnt stretch. Agreed RE the seats and gearing though I find these old buses handle well TBH, Abit wallowy but nothing some aftermarket suspention and bigger wheels/tyres won't sort.
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile

Caddys aren't without their snags and their lots of wedge! Recently had a new 1.6 as a rental van. It was quickish but with no weight in it. Have to admit I thought it would have more go! I wouldnt buy a 1.6 if I was carrying weight, I dont think it would be that much better than a bingo. On the downside as I was returning it to the rental company it developed a fairly hefty looking oil leak from the top end! Sounds like you've had a titfull and I hope whatever motor you next decide to get serves you well!
1.9d Mk2 (M59/BE4/5) with battle scars from a conservatory attack. Previously owned a 1.4i Mk2 Forte.Confusedalut:
(19-03-2012, 10:23 PM)PeteA Wrote:  I love Caddy's! Would've got one but the budget wouldnt stretch. Agreed RE the seats and gearing though I find these old buses handle well TBH, Abit wallowy but nothing some aftermarket suspention and bigger wheels/tyres won't sort.

Changing the suspension would sort almost anything

(19-03-2012, 10:29 PM)divingscubaboy Wrote:  Caddys aren't without their snags and their lots of wedge! Recently had a new 1.6 as a rental van. It was quickish but with no weight in it. Have to admit I thought it would have more go! I wouldnt buy a 1.6 if I was carrying weight, I dont think it would be that much better than a bingo. On the downside as I was returning it to the rental company it developed a fairly hefty looking oil leak from the top end! Sounds like you've had a titfull and I hope whatever motor you next decide to get serves you well!

Not a 1.6, the 05ish 2 litre

LOL i cant believe this, you and i must drive the same van because you just described my berlingo haha.
i can strongly agree with the work boots statement ,same thing happens to me you end up clutching and brake'n together is a pain the arse nearly resulting in a crash every time you want to brake . my vans dead to when it comes to speed you cant even hit 100mph in it 96 is my best lol. buy a ford transits connect drove one the other day 1.8d some touch
Isn't the top speed only about 96mph anyway?
You can have a go in mine that might change your mind? And ABS is only for people that cant drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk