Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
tw@ts on roundabouts
Video 
I don't know if any of you get this but when I come to a roundabout and i want to straight across i slow up and the person to my left pulls out and turns to there left so they are going the same way as me .so when i am right up behind them pushing them off the roundabout they get all shitie and start breaking. All i got to say is stay where you are till I've past and not all vans are slow. Smile

I love my 2lit hdi van lol
(05-12-2012, 08:00 PM)chris77 Wrote:  I don't know if any of you get this but when I come to a roundabout and i want to straight across i slow up and the person to my left pulls out and turns to there left so they are going the same way as me .so when i am right up behind them pushing them off the roundabout they get all shitie and start breaking. All i got to say is stay where you are till I've past and not all vans are slow. Smile

The rule is,give way to traffic on the R/A.If the other car is on first,he has right of way.
We have problems here with a R/A with an almost blind approach,drivers rush across not seeing a car already on it.
When in doubt,slow is best.Had you indicated? Too many drivers don't.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
You are lucky you haven't met me as anyone who tries to push me off the road comes off regretting it as I take no prisoners, when I start braking I really put the brakes on and don't care if someone goes into the back of me so be careful how you go.
I go with Ron's post above ^^^ If I have right of way then I defend it ( brutally sometimes ).
Geoff.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
(05-12-2012, 08:08 PM)ron Wrote:  
(05-12-2012, 08:00 PM)chris77 Wrote:  I don't know if any of you get this but when I come to a roundabout and i want to straight across i slow up and the person to my left pulls out and turns to there left so they are going the same way as me .so when i am right up behind them pushing them off the roundabout they get all shitie and start breaking. All i got to say is stay where you are till I've past and not all vans are slow. Smile

The rule is,give way to traffic on the R/A.If the other car is on first,he has right of way.
We have problems here with a R/A with an almost blind approach,drivers rush across not seeing a car already on it.

I know what your saying but if they are on the me left I have the right of way and I am on the roundabout yet the still think they can push in front of me

(05-12-2012, 08:08 PM)ron Wrote:  

If you are going stright arcoss a roundabout you don't need to indicate Confusedcratch:
Slow down and relax, the last bloke who tried pushing me didn't like my response.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to steve valentine for this post:
  • ron
(05-12-2012, 09:21 PM)steve valentine Wrote:  Slow down and relax, the last bloke who tried pushing me didn't like my response.

too many people are in a hurry.

too many dont know how to use roundabouts.

going straight accross you should indicate left as you pass the exit before yours.

it dont matter whose on the roundabout first , you give way to whoever will be in your drivers door if you carry on.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ricc for this post:
  • ron
Chris77,read the highway code re r/abouts,if you don't indicate us non psychic drivers haven't a clue which exit you're taking.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Chris77, not quite sure what you're on about? If it's 2 lanes approaching a r/about then usually the left lane is for left & straight on (1st/2nd exits), the right lane is for turning right (3rd exit). If you're saying that you're in the right lane and wanting to go straight on, then you're in the wrong lane, and matey to your left is just doing what he's supposed to.

I might have got confused with what you mean though??

Nevertheless, it sounds like you're possibly an inexperienced/impatient/blinkered driver, try slowing down and anticipating what the other vehicles might do, it helps to avoid accidents and helps you get less road rageSmile
There is a roundabout near us, where people always creep onto the roundabout when other cars are on it :brickwall:
Now an ex Berlingo owner, I have a C4
2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel
(06-12-2012, 12:03 AM)Mike Wrote:  There is a roundabout near us, where people always creep onto the roundabout when other cars are on it :brickwall:

thanks mike you are the only one who know what I am say , I know how to us a roundabout and I don't have roadrage .:brickwall: