Berlingo Forum

Full Version: small clunk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
been having a small clunking sound sometimes when i pull away and when i break it isnt continuies just breaking amd pulling away any ideas please?

Deano
That can often be a suspension bearing/bushing. First place to look at would be your "P" bushes on the front wishbones, to the rear end.
As Addo says +pads loose in carrier?Confusedalut:
As previous guys say + check your engine mounts, easiest way is to watch or feel your gear stick it will rock under pulling away or braking.
While you are checking your brakes etc, check your drop links for wear and tear.
Thanks
I changed the drop links on my one last week and it was a pig to do, they were all rusted so the hex key would not grip and I ended up hacksawing the old nuts off and it was not easy, on one I had to actually saw the top of the drop link so I could prize it off of the ball joint then use vice grips to hold it while I undid the nut but it has made a huge difference and they only cost about £12 the pair from ebay. checked with KWIK FIT to see how much they would have been to do it and I was quoted £110+ vat so its well worth doing it your self