Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Noisy clutch bearing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Have a 2011 Berlingo 1.6 TDI.
Noisy all the time until I press the clutch pedal in about a quarter of an inch, then it disappears. Easy fix?
Andy
Hi

Sounds like thrust bearing , gearbox needs to come off.

While its off check other parts, if in doubt replace.

How many miles has it done ?
+ 1 Thrust bearing
Doesn't the thrust bearing only make a noise when the clutch is pressed in? And disappears when the clutch is released?

The input shaft bearing would make a noise all the time until the clutch is pressed in then it would disappear

Stand to be corrected however

Does noise continue when you fully press the clutch in?
Does noise continue when you fully press the clutch in?
[/quote]

The noise is there on tick-over and when running. As soon as the clutch is depressed (even a touch) it stops. Can't drive resting my foot on the clutch, can I? The car has done about 75,000 miles.
Does sound like the input shaft bearing.

If it is , its a gearbox out job so no sorry not an easy fix.

You need a second opinion from an mechanic really.
I've got a 2012 1.6 HDi with 35k on the clock and my release bearing is also noisy, until the clutch pedal is depressed. I took it to Citroen and they said it's normal.. it is covered under warranty though, if you're still covered?
(28-07-2014, 02:18 PM)til5101 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a 2012 1.6 HDi with 35k on the clock and my release bearing is also noisy, until the clutch pedal is depressed. I took it to Citroen and they said it's normal.. it is covered under warranty though, if you're still covered?

If the noise goes away when the clutch is depressed its not the release bearing.

Sounds like the dealer doesn't want to fix it as any sort of noise from the gearbox or clutch is not generally normal.

Get onto Citroen UK and tell them to fix it.