Berlingo Forum

Full Version: What berlingo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i hvnt yet baught a berlingo. Hopefully going to view one soon. Is there any thing to look out for as im completely clueless with the berlingo. Id be looking at getting a 1.9 non turbo. The van will be used for mobile valeting. Cheers Smile
It's a good simple engine albeit a tad slow.Look for all the normal things + check rear axle beam wear(rear wheels vertical & not leaning in or out).Valves tend to tighten up above 100,000m or so & causes reluctant starting.
Uneven wear on rear tyres is the only major common problem I'm aware of, everything else seems to be the normal random faults like any other vehicle.

They accelerate like a slug on valium, turn like a legless tortoise but even still I find them one of the most relaxing vehicles I have ever drive, its an exceedingly pleasant experience that gives you an escape from the chaos outside.
Hello Kyle welcome to the forum good to have you with us you mite think about the 2.0 l more humph if your carrying a lot of water around
(13-04-2015, 10:36 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Kyle welcome to the forum good to have you with us you mite think about the 2.0 l  more humph if your carrying a lot of water around

Hello there.. Well One thing to consider is that the Berlingo is much better to drive when it has a half load in the back.. If you drive it empty then it rides soft. But when its loaded up it glides along very nicely. So when you do a test drive with an empty van you never get the real driving experience.

In terms of load carrying its great, lots of space and if you have a rack system (Bought or home made) the vertical space is great for light-weight stuff.

My only draw-back with my Beringo is the front pillars between the door frame and the front windscreen can obscure side-ways views at road junctions, so have a double look for cyclists etc.

I have had several Berlingos over the past two decades and think they are just the perfect van for a small business.

Regards. Bill