Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Hello from a newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=2396]Hi All

I am new here and to the world of Berlingos. Today I have collected my 'new' 2005 Multispace Desire 2.0Hdi 90 :-) It replaces my 2009 New shape C5, I'll leave it up to you to decide whether that is progress or not! The main reason is that I need a versatile van like thing for my business and also it'll be really handy for our two year old to romp around in, both of which the C5 doesn't like doing, as sublime and refined as it is.

I'm no stranger to Citroens though, currently owning three 2cv saloons, a 2cv van, and Acadiane, a Mk1 AXGT and of course the C5, and ran a BX TD and Visa GTi back in the day.

I got my Berlingo for a fair price, finished in Iron grey, one owner from new complete with original dealer plates, key fob and Invoice of sale. It has been used though, and every panel shows some kind of ding or imperfection, and the interior is a little weary but hopefully nothing a good scrub with a nail brush wont sort. It was ordered with some handy options like aircon, alloy wheels, ESP and extra lateral air bags.

Everything works as it should though, aside from the passenger airbag light being permanently on, but maybe some under seat wire wiggling will fix this... The main haggle point was the timing belt being a full eighteen thousand miles overdue, not an instant death knell being the hardy 2.0 but it is job number one for next week before it goes any further!

The driver's seat bolster is quite worn so I'll be on the lookout for a replacement seat, in that grey/beige type trim. I thought it was height adjustable but obviously not, and not really an issue.

Anyway, enough waffle, I look forward to getting to know 'the van' as my wife has christened it a bit better!

Cheers
Will
Hello Will welcome to the forum good to have you with us  a nice collection you have there  Smile
Hi & welcome.Enjoy the "van". Big Grin
Welcome along to the club.