Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Coolant hose/water pump blanking hose??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=2576]Hi All, I have a bit of a quandry trying to find this blanking hos...No 14 in the picture could anyone help and where would I source it from, I had originally thought the water pump had gone and was delighted to find its this hose thats leaking as its very spongy...its held on with the spring type clip that has also lost its tension...any help would be welcome....its in a very awkward place and can only be  accessed from under the van...Im dreading changing it...but thankful its not the waterpump,
Regards,
Steve
Tried the main dealer?
(27-10-2015, 03:30 PM)Col Wrote: [ -> ]Tried the main dealer?

No Col I have not...I dont know what the correct term for it is nor the size.and I have no clue what the part is that its attatched to...Im new to berlingos and new to diesel so Im clutching at straws really...I dont even know If this post is in the right place to be honest,
Steve
Take the picture to your dealers parts dept. and show the storeman what you want. He will get one for you
(27-10-2015, 04:01 PM)brodfather11 Wrote: [ -> ]Take the picture to your dealers parts dept. and show the  storeman what you want. He will get one for you

Ive just printed it off now...thanks drodfather...cant find it anywhere else so it has to be main dealer then...cheers,
Steve..
[attachment=2583]...This is the offending part...a bit awkward to get off with the spring clip being on and not much room to use a pair of large pliers to compress the spring....A person could be fooled into thinking it was the water pump..as I did...but got right under the van to investigate and thankfully found this...it is a dealer part..as was suggested...but only costs £7...I dont know how the split has happened as Ive only had the van for a couple of weeks and know nothing about them, I was warned that there could be a leak? by the previous owner....Im not sure what Type of clip to put back on...Jubilee or spring as the rip seems to be in line with the edge of the spring clip...would a jubilee be any better..or not,
Thanks for the help chaps, its much appreciated,
Regards,
Steve. Big Grin
Yeah use a jubilee clip, just don't over tighten it
You could also get a tool to handle the original type of clips...

http://images.biltema.com/PAXToImageServ...2000018955
(I believe this is just about the right type)
(28-10-2015, 03:20 PM)Gadgetman Wrote: [ -> ]You could also get a tool to handle the original type of clips...

http://images.biltema.com/PAXToImageServ...2000018955
(I believe this is just about the right type)

Thanks Gadgetman...Ive been told  that I need Corbin Pliers and to use the original spring clip instead of the jubilee...poss overtighten and damage the part again...so thats what I shall be doing...much appreciate your advice,
regards,
Steve.
Yes Corbin pliers for those clips, but there's nothing wrong with a properly tightened Jubilee. The problem happens when people over tighten them. They are usually easier to undo with a clip driver or screwdriver.
Those spring clips are used for cheapness and uniform tension
Pages: 1 2