Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Water in rear floor storage compartment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just noticed this yesterday, upon removing cover from storage compartment in the floor behind front passenger seat I find a puddle inside. I've removed the liner and sound deadening which were all well soaked and had a feel around to see where it could be coming from. It's obviously rain water (been raining for days here) making it's way from the outside when driving along and from what I can see, could only be really coming in from the bottom of sliding door mechanism. The underside is solid as I checked and undersealed with waxoil it in the summer.
Is this a common issue and is there a cure?
Thanks.
I've also had this problem, but in my case water I was carrying in the luggage area leaked out.
As this compartment is the lowest part of the cabin, your leak could be anywhere. Check all your door seals, including the rear hatch. Your carpet may give you a clue, as its likely to stay wet along the path the water is using.
Hi Jonnie100, did you ever get to the bottom of the water issue?

I've just noticed I have exactly the same issue in the same floor storage compartment behind the passenger seat.

Going to check all the door seals as you suggested, Dazman9
I wouldn't expect an answer from Jonnie100 as he hasn't been on here for 5 years and its 9 years for dazman9.
Did you try a search on here ?

The track below the rear window for the sliding door sometimes work loose and allow water in , check to see if the screws are tight
What might seem a strange question. Does your rear screenwash work?.

We had a wet floors in the rear dirvers side footwell when we had an M49 multispace. It had a join in the screenwash pipe to the rear in the area where the pipe is fastened to the sill. It came apart and every time anyone oerated the screenwash is squited water into the footwell.

Peter