Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 6 speed gearbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to fit a PSA 6 gearbox to a berlingo without massive modifications?
Which Berlingo are you thinking of?
(08-09-2011, 11:45 AM)thowman Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to fit a PSA 6 gearbox to a berlingo without massive modifications?

There's no 6 gearboxes for Berilingo

For a 1.9d. I know the boxes are not fitted as standard, but other PSA cars have them - such as my 407. Just wondering how compatible these boxes are with the berlingo, and if it's been attempted.
May be somehow you will install this gearbox. But what will you do with driveshafts, exhaust pipe, gears selectors?
The Berlingo 1.9D is fitted with the PSA BE4 gearbox. This same gearbox was fitted to the 407 models. Also fitted to 407s are ML6C gearboxes that feature 6 gears. There is a degree of compatibilty across the Peugeot and Citroen engine and gearbox ranges - so was just wondering if it had been done. Obviously, such a conversion would require some modifications - but it's obviously not been done by anybody on this forum. I know it has been done on a HDI 306 so it can't be that impossible.