Berlingo Forum

Full Version: brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi new on here I have a berlingo 1.6 hdi and a am after making it stop better so I after upgrading my brakes so wot will fit to make it stop on a neadle
I'm told that a ship's anchor, mounted where the spare tire usually hangs, and with a quick-release tied to the brake pedal will work.

Seriously though, what's wrong with the standard brakes?
(Often, a 'brake problem' is really bad shocks, damaged disks or pads, leaky system, or problematic ABS.)
Decent pads help, I fitted new pads and discs to my 1.9D ( Brembo discs and EBC pads ) and was surprised at how poor the brakes had become so I left the discs on and fitted new genuine citroen pads and all of a sudden found my brakes were wonderful again, scarily so !!!

I dare say there are racing pads etc available but cannot comment on those.
(14-12-2015, 03:05 PM)berlingo baz1080 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi new on here I have a berlingo 1.6 hdi and a am after making it stop better so I after upgrading my brakes so wot will fit to make it stop on a neadle

Hi I have old 1.9d without ABS , got some Brembo max discs which are grooved and black also dont suffer much rust, also fitted mintex pads and now have to be wary in the wet!!!!! .I got the discs from Nextdaybrakes.com very good service,Hope this helps.
I just fitted new discs and pads as standard to our 2.0 Hdi and it stops perfectly. You don't need race discs or rally pads they take longer to warm up and are scary when they are cold.
I am running 306 gti6 front brakes with brembo discs and ds2500 racing pads on my 1.9d to be honest I would say there isn't a better setup than these unless you go brembos

[Image: AE48EFF8-A3D0-4B76-8264-007E3920C776_zps0mbbkm9b.jpg]
(15-12-2015, 09:45 AM)ffrenchie Wrote: [ -> ]I just fitted new discs and pads as standard to our 2.0 Hdi and it stops perfectly. You don't need race discs or rally pads they take longer to warm up and are scary when they are cold.

When you say discs and pads as " Standard " do you mean all Citroen Parts or all Motor Factor parts ?
You could always fit smaller diameter wheels as this will make the wagon stop quicker.
(05-04-2016, 08:01 PM)jericlin Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-12-2015, 09:45 AM)ffrenchie Wrote: [ -> ]I just fitted new discs and pads as standard to our 2.0 Hdi and it stops perfectly. You don't need race discs or rally pads they take longer to warm up and are scary when they are cold.

When you say discs and pads as " Standard " do you mean all Citroen Parts or all Motor Factor parts ?

Brembo and Ferodo, just not race or uprated or anything different from the standard fitting. Race pads are harder compound and take longer to heat up so unless you are treating them rough they are wasted on the road.
I run DS2500 pads and work very well on the road from cold.