Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Do I have a DPF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2009 xtr. 1.6 hdi.
Only had it a month, changed oil twice even though they said it was devices. What's the opinion on flushing oil?

Thanks
(02-01-2016, 06:23 PM)K Dilks Wrote: [ -> ]2009 xtr. 1.6 hdi.
changed oil twice even though they said it was devices.

Thanks
What do you mean "said it was devices"?
Hello K Dilks welcome to the forum dose it have a DPF / FAP if it's a 110 BHP it will have a DPF / FAP any other BHP up to 2012 it will not have a DPF / FAP  not sure what your trying to ask about the changing oil twice please give us more detail we mite be able to reply .  Smile
(02-01-2016, 09:57 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote: [ -> ]Hello K Dilks welcome to the forum dose it have a DPF / FAP if it's a 110 BHP it will have a DPF / FAP any other BHP up to 2012 it will not have a DPF / FAP  not sure what your trying to ask about the changing oil twice please give us more detail we mite be able to reply .  Smile

Sorry a typo, trouble of doing this on a phone, I ment to say Serviced.  Also didn't mention it was a 90 HP , reason for the question is because I want to check the turbo oil supply filter but it seems a big lump of exhaust is in the way. I mention oil change as this seems a wise precaution as it has only had the scheduled 12500 mile ones done so far. Car has done 43000.
Still not sure if it has a dpf as font know what they look like.
Thanks
If you have DPF you will have two canisters on the front the first one is the cat and you are right it is quite a big one.

On the 1.6hdi's i always flush because of the way they carbon up their oil. Black oil does not necessarily mean poor oil but i have never come across a engine that carbons up its oil like the 1.6hdi. If you flush say every third oil change and drop your oil changes to 6k it will go round the clock no problem. I service some with 150k+ on them never had a turbo or any of the modifications.

Remember to check the injectors for chuffing and tightness - take no notice of the recommended torque and do them up tight.
If it's a 90 it will not have a DPF but if you want to make sure there will be two other feed pipe's going in to the exhaust where the cat and DPF are and you will have to drop the exhaust to get to the oil feed pipe if you undo the top nut of the oil feed pipe to the turbo start it up only on tick over only do not rev it you will see the flow rate but make sure you have some rag to catch the oil or it will be messy the injectors bolt's are 25 NM torque you can tighten them a bit more do not over do it or they will snap ??