Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Fitting deadlocks anyone DIY'd them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would like to fit these deadlocks

http://www.vanlocks.co.uk/choose-your-va...0v1n8tdrt2

They are 48 quid each was thinking of fitting one to the sliding door and the barn door, as i have steel bulkhead. Seen a few vids on tube of a bloke who fits these all day i think he did a nemo van but doesn't really tell you how to do it rather just shows off his quick skills as he fits them all day long for a living.

Bit daunting drilling into the van with a step bit and making sure all the markings are correct, I'm good on the tools but just dont want to mess my lovely belinda up and have a lock that doesn't work because its not aligned properly  Sad

wondered if anyone had done similar, i dont really like the look of the ugly padlock round bulky type things everyone has thesedays and wanted somethhing more subtle looking and user friendly.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions in advance.
Twobob if you have a plipper or keyless/remote entry you can dead lock the car by pushing the lock button a second time. Must be factory fitted...
Only found out my van does this yesterday when I locked my mate in the car... He could not get out

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)
(02-02-2016, 08:38 PM)haulrs Wrote: [ -> ]Twobob if you have a plipper or keyless/remote  entry you can dead lock the car by pushing the lock button a second time. Must be factory fitted...
Only found out my van does this yesterday when I locked my mate in the car... He could not get out

I have an enterprise and yes you can deadlock the van but i have no clue as to how the locks are with the thieving tool robbers at night?

Are the factory fitted deadlocks good enough to resist a well learnt their who knows how to pop locks?

I dont see any proper anti grinding plates or armoured bars going across when i examine the locks... also when i brought the van at auction many other same year and model berlingos the previous lease companies had fitted aftermarket deadlocks the same as the ones i want to fit.

My experience is if your van has a aftermarket deadlocks its FAR less likely to be attempted to be broken into. I know if they want to get in they will but i just wanted to be on the safe side.
Well that bit is for you...
I'm in Australia and dead locking doors on a van were very acceptable