Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Is it possible to take back ceiling storage compartment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to take the back ceiling storage compartment out of a berlingo desire and put into a forte ??? You know the 1 on some models it floss down from the ceiling in the boot , I had a desire model before and loved that compartment , now have similar van but without out it , was very handy , 

And if so is it a simple job ???
the Modutop comes with the roof insert.Fitting it to a van may be possible but time consuming.Have you the necessary skills/patience?If you're happy to take the risk,go for it & good luck to you.Let us know how you get on.
I do have the patients time and money but don't have the money to waste if it doesn't fit , was thinking of getting it from the scrap yard , it's just where the bolts go in , in the desire . is the same bolt holes going to be in the forte , or missing
(28-04-2016, 07:07 PM)Stevie berlingo lad Wrote: [ -> ]I do have the patients time and money but don't have the money to waste if it doesn't fit , was thinking of getting it from the scrap yard , it's just where the bolts go in , in the desire . is the same bolt holes going to be in the forte  , or missing

The mounting are in the Modutop roof,I believe,so you may have to make your own mountings.With modern adhesives you could probably make & mount your own brackets.I had a '57   Desire & loved the Modutop.My new B9 Modutop is crap compared with the old one.Not a good move by Citroen. Sad
Don't you also have to cut a bloody great hole in the roof to fit the modutop as the whole thing, windows etc are one great big piece?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk