Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Victory over the airbag light!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had to share this! Also by way of thanks to all that have contributed to the various threads on the problem.
My airbag warning light came on permanently in late 2006 and has been on ever since. It didn't matter for the MOT until a couple of years ago and was one of the main reasons I took the car off the road. After perusing loads of posts on the subject I had a good grovel under the seats. The car used to have a CD multichanger under the passenger seat which was a pain to load as you had to stick your head between the passengers legs to load it. I eventually managed to shove 2 CDs in one slot, it took exception to this and burned out (on a trip to SW France, we did a lot of singing on that trip). I had a Pioneer head fitted. The guy removed the multichanger. HE ALSO UNPLUGGED THE BROWN FITTING (seatbelt pre tensioner?). Whatever, plugged it in and hey presto! My neighbours were a bit startled as I whooped for joy!
Thanks to all.
10 year to repair it? Must be some kind of record!!
(11-05-2016, 05:16 PM)Col Wrote: [ -> ]10 year to repair it? Must be some kind of record!!

I like to take my time over things!
Hey another Berlingo saved from the scrapper take the day off.   Smile
(11-05-2016, 09:16 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote: [ -> ]Hey another Berlingo saved from the scrapper take the day off.   Smile

ours has just started again..... flashed at me for 30 miles tuesday eve , but been off since.

mot tester down the road reckons hes got a blind spot just in the right place Dodgy