Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Berlingo 2001 1.9d Knocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am getting a knocking noise from the front n/s suspension area.
I have replaced the drop links and also the lower wishbone was replace about 3 years ago.
Any ideas on what else it might be?
Thanks
Martin
(27-09-2011, 11:37 AM)Swarv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I am getting a knocking noise from the front n/s suspension area.
I have replaced the drop links and also the lower wishbone was replace about 3 years ago.
Any ideas on what else it might be?
Thanks
Martin

possibly driveshaft worn? is it worse when you turn the steering wheel in full lock?

Following on from Wavin, check if its the CV Joints by doing full lock turns somewhere open. Could be one of the mounts.
Check the track rod ends. Mine were shot and as surprising as it sounds, replacing them stopped the knocking.
Hiya Dude, Mine was doing this but on the O/S. I checked the underside and discovered that the Anti roll bar connecting link was shot. 13quid from eurocarparts
Smudger

It might be worth replacing the pair.

I did mine and within a month the other side went. I read that it was recommended to renew them as a pair.
After checking all of the above, don't forget to check for play in the ball joint.
also cheeck top mount on suspension leg
I replaced the lower wishbone arms again and that stopped most of it. I think there was a steering rack issue on one end but not to worry now.
thanks for all the advice.
martin