Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Head lights. How to improve?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Had a 2200 mile round trip to Hungary, all good, ,averaged 51.2mpg at 75mph on cruise control
Only issue seerns the lights were designed for Ray Charles. I have tried Phillips extreme bulbs but they don't last well but did help. On my old bingo I had some more powerful bulbs , my question is I'd it possible to fit them with the plastic head lights and this clever clogs electrical system.

And yes I know your not supposed to use them..............

Thanks
Kevin
CANbus compliant HID's
Make sure the lights bulbs are U V coated or it will damage the in side of your head lights.?
Hid is the way... Remember you get what you pay for...
Replaced mine 8 weeks ago and love it ! I brought non eBay ones but still fiddly !

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)
I didn't think HID conversions are MOT friendly now?
Unless you have headlight wash/wipe retrofit HID kits are illegal. You may have brighter lights but the beam pattern will be all over the place as the lens has not been designed for hid lights but if you don't give a sh#t for the traffic coming towards you why worry.
Ok so I am in Australia where hid is not legal... But I run mine directed down with the dial adjuster on dash....
But I was replacing globes monthly, but I leave my lamps on all day/all the time... Part of my learning to drive history ...
If you break the law and get caught the deal with the results ... It's like getting caught speeding.. You know your wrong. But chose to do it....

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)
(04-07-2016, 07:07 PM)K Dilks Wrote: [ -> ]Had a 2200 mile round trip to Hungary, all good, ,averaged 51.2mpg at 75mph on cruise control
Only issue seerns the lights were designed for Ray Charles. I have tried Phillips extreme bulbs but they don't last well but did help. On my old bingo I had some more powerful bulbs , my question is I'd it possible to fit them with the plastic head lights and this clever clogs electrical system.

And yes I know your not supposed to use them..............

Thanks
Kevin

And you and your car are from UK, right? (righ hand side steering wheel)... How did you change the light beams for driving on the right hand side of the road? because the headlights are tilted. maybe this is why you had low visibility?

Another quick question...are those the average trip values from your board computer?, both the mpg and the speed? or the average speed for the trip was lower?
I've installed opt7 h4 led's last week with an anti glare shield like the hid's come with on my mk1 2002, absolutely no glare to oncoming traffic with a good cut off pattern and very bright.Also from Australia
Luis, UK rhd Berlingo headlights are ok for driving on right hand side of road. They don't dazzle oncoming traffic & don't need beam benders. I have a letter from Cit UK stating this. Letter is posted up on forum somewhere on another headlight thread.
Pages: 1 2