Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Expected To Find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Opened the little plastic doors in the headlining of my 2010 XTR where the internal roof rack fits expecting to find threaded bosses. there is nothing there except a "U-shaped" slot in the internal steel panel. 

Anyone know what should be in there to fasten the internal rack? and where I can get some from?

Matt
That is how the rack mounts. Adjust the length of the rack so that the end of the rack will go through the hole and hang in the U-shaped slot.
There have been a few examples of people making interior bars for carrying light items from something like a broom handle or dowel cut to length with a screw in each end to ledge in the slots. A bit of ingenuity and you could come up with something similar.
(19-07-2016, 02:56 PM)doofer Wrote: [ -> ]I think the proper ones hang down a bit lower than the mounting holes.  With a straight broom handle it might not be as useful due to the smaller gap between it and the roof.

That's where the bit of ingenuity comes in.  Screw a piece of flat to it with a bolt  to drop in the slot and you can have as much drop as you want.

[attachment=3107]
[attachment=3108][attachment=3108]
(20-07-2016, 01:44 PM)doofer Wrote: [ -> ]Tie a bit of washing line across if you really don't care!

see below/attached what the fitting on the standards fit rails looks like :
(20-07-2016, 07:08 PM)Mr Keef Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-07-2016, 01:44 PM)doofer Wrote: [ -> ]Tie a bit of washing line across if you really don't care!

see below/attached what the fitting on the standards fit rails looks like :

I was attempting to use the internal roof bar fixings as cargo anchor points, the attached pics show what I've done: put plate nuts in the body slots, drilled holes in the trim windows, screwed in stainless steel lifting eye bolts with tube and washer spacers. I'm pleased with the result and I'm going to do the front fixings next, they are set deeper into the trim so I'll use lifting eye nuts and studding for these.

Matt
That's neat too!
Where can I find some of the plate nuts like Matt used for his lifting eye attachment?
(22-02-2023, 10:14 PM)Matt Haigh Wrote: [ -> ]eBay like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223724650313

Thanks Matt.