Berlingo Forum

Full Version: engine light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The yellow engine light is staying on. It's a 1.6hdi, nothing seems out of the ordinary. Economy might be slightly down. Any ideas? What does this light cover?
Didn't go out to check mine but might it be that a service is due soon?
Nope 10k left to service and that's for 15k intervals not 20k
Needs a diagnostic or coupling to a code reader to give you a clue otherwise you might as well urinate in the prevailing wind...
Went away for 2 days then came back this morning. Went to limp mode until I reset.
Got it read. It's low fuel rail pressure.

So first thing replace the fuel filter.

changed the fuel filter, dead easy starts straight away.
hope that solves it
(31-10-2011, 04:16 PM)corkgsxr Wrote: [ -> ]changed the fuel filter, dead easy starts straight away.
hope that solves it

When did you last change it? Fuel filters should be changed every major service iirc.
Never did. Ment to have been done before I bought it and id do it every second service. Iv only one service done so it was to be next one.

Hasn't went to limp mode yet so I do hope that was it
(31-10-2011, 08:18 PM)corkgsxr Wrote: [ -> ]Never did. Ment to have been done before I bought it and id do it every second service. Iv only one service done so it was to be next one.

Hasn't went to limp mode yet so I do hope that was it

Fingers crossed for you. Was the fuel filter a simple in out job? Our engine management light has been on for a while now, and its starting to not like starting up/revs drop till stall sometimes. I thought it was the cat at first, obviously not...
Pages: 1 2