Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Finally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally I have given up on the dw8 engine - too much trouble for mediocre power. I just discovered engine has blown its gasket yesterday and it has really costed me to keep it running. Last time I fixed gasket, valve seals plus heater matrix - that was last year and its only done about 40k kms. Previously I have fixed gaskets almost 4 times done a full overhaul, swapped the head later, new radiator, new hoses. Its just not worth it- has severely depleted my finances and I operate a distance of 600kms every week which I can no longer do with a lemon. 

Right now I am thinking of hdi conversion hopefully with the 2.0 RHY engine - gearbox complete dash, wiring and accessories. Kindly advise me.
Might be cheaper and easier to replace the car if possible.

Or go for the 1.4 TU3 engine, with LPG conversion.
(25-08-2016, 12:23 AM)SilverLingo Wrote: [ -> ]Might be cheaper and easier to replace the car if possible.

Thanks for your advice. I'm based in Kenya, looking for a donor car locally but if I do not find, I have also spoken to a breaker who normally brings in ex-UK broken up Peugeots. I'm crossing my fingers hoping to get a good deal but one thing for sure is that I'm done with the dw8 engine.
(25-08-2016, 05:47 AM)Civvic Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-08-2016, 12:23 AM)SilverLingo Wrote: [ -> ]Might be cheaper and easier to replace the car if possible.

Thanks for your advice. I'm based in Kenya, looking for a donor car locally but if I do not find, I have also spoken to a breaker who normally brings in ex-UK broken up Peugeots. I'm crossing my fingers hoping to get a good deal but one thing for sure is that I'm done with the dw8 engine.

Discovered that my head bolts were no good hence came loose thus compression leakage into the cooling system - apparently the bolts are not designed for reuse. Had little cash, so I fitted new bolts, gasket, timing belt and the car is back on the road - fortunately the head needed no skimming. I still need to fix a leakage on the heater matrix joint to the hoses from the engine. Still hoping to get enough cash to get me one chopped up hdi ex UK- I need the power coz of long distance driving, overtaking and carrying loads uphill but I can be mobile in the meantime.
A good result of sorts in the end, thanks for the update ..... at least you have transport for the time being.
Yes good news and thank you for the forum update
I didn't realise you had reused the stretch bolts.

Definitely a risk not worth taking IMHO

Good to hear you have it back on the road.
(11-09-2016, 07:22 PM)SilverLingo Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't realise you had reused the stretch bolts.

Definitely a risk not worth taking IMHO

Good to hear you have it back on the road.

Thanks. I've paid school fees and now I'm wiser.