Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Reversing sensors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, New here, so dont know if this is right place for this topic but here goes(praps a bit late). Have bought sensors Maplins NIKKAI and now find rear bumper not as thin as I thought. Had same prob with previous car when I drilled through plastic only to hit the corrugated iron of the real Land Rover bumper. Anyone know how hard it is to remove the bumper on the Berlingo and if there is room to fit the sensors. I can't see any problems with the electrics other than getting the cable from back to front of car. This I can cope with. Any advice would be appreciated.
Al
Which berl do you have Al? Have been a few topics on this, this may help for starters if you have the new model http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1444
(11-11-2011, 04:11 PM)Andre Wrote: [ -> ]Which berl do you have Al? Have been a few topics on this, this may help for starters if you have the new model http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1444
Hi, Its a Multispace Forte on a 04 plate I think it is March 04.
hi grumpy. i was able to install a reverse camera in my 02 plate berlingo mk2. it was relatively easy to do aswell. open your rear door/s and there a about 5 or 6 bolt holding the bumper to the van. remove thease and you can pull the bumper away from the top ( not completely of but anuff to get a hand in). the bumper was mostly empty. so u should have no problem with iron struts ect.

it would be nice to find out how you go with this install, how much was the sensor kit?
Err, is it just me, or does anyone else think that a Berlingo doesn't actually need a reversing sensor? It's not as though they're reeeeaaaalllyyy long is it?..
(14-11-2011, 03:48 PM)zedhead Wrote: [ -> ]Err, is it just me, or does anyone else think that a Berlingo doesn't actually need a reversing sensor? It's not as though they're reeeeaaaalllyyy long is it?..
I don't think its anything to do with them being long. If im reversing I like to know if there is something behind me. I reverse and turn in streets a lot as iam a taxi driver, if it wasn't for the parking or reverse sensors I could not do what I do without hitting something, every car has a blind spot.

(12-11-2011, 10:38 AM)BASS-lingo Wrote: [ -> ]hi grumpy. i was able to install a reverse camera in my 02 plate berlingo mk2. it was relatively easy to do aswell. open your rear door/s and there a about 5 or 6 bolt holding the bumper to the van. remove thease and you can pull the bumper away from the top ( not completely of but anuff to get a hand in). the bumper was mostly empty. so u should have no problem with iron struts ect.

it would be nice to find out how you go with this install, how much was the sensor kit?

A camera? Where does the video output to? Be good to see this setup.
Hi All,
Thanks for advice. The main reason for wanting sensors is the fact that grandchildren can suddenly pop up behind the car and not be seen in mirrors and of course their little heads don't get above rear window. Will have a go at fitting on Friday so let you know how it goes. Think the kit was about £20.
(15-11-2011, 07:59 PM)grumpyal Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,
Thanks for advice. The main reason for wanting sensors is the fact that grandchildren can suddenly pop up behind the car and not be seen in mirrors and of course their little heads don't get above rear window. Will have a go at fitting on Friday so let you know how it goes. Think the kit was about £20.

Some pictures (and a how to?) would be fantastic! Just a suggestion Tongue
(15-11-2011, 07:59 PM)grumpyal Wrote: [ -> ]The main reason for wanting sensors is the fact that grandchildren can suddenly pop up behind the car and not be seen in mirrors and of course their little heads don't get above rear window.
Ahah! I take back what I said! :lol: I look forward to seeing the pics...
Pages: 1 2