Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Horn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all
Be nice its my first of many questions.
My horn works but only when the ignitions off which isn`t much help when i`m driving, also been into garage a couple of times due to dash warning lights coming on, on friday my engine light and air bag light came on at same time. Right i dont wanna push my luck so i`ll leave it at that for now.
Many thanks in advance
Sean
Oh yeh its a 03 1.9 non turbo van
Sounds as if the BSI is playing up. Maybe just needs a reset. Your garage will need Lexia to do this properly as Lexia when connected to
Citroen HQ can re-write to the chip if necessary. I watched this done to my 1.6 when the wipers wouldn't switch off! It was my fault!Confusedillyme:
Thanks for the reply, i`ll have a word with the local garage and tell them what youve suggested
Sean
Hello
Not had chance to take to garage yet, spoke to mechanic about BSI and lexia, when i get round to taking it in hes gonna have a look, i just wundered if the dash lights and horn are linked or are they seperate issues? also does that thing where the indicator flahes to the other side when it cancels do you think that could be linked to the problems.
Many thanks
Sean
The cancelling indicators fault is a known problem and is caused by
the poor quality of the original stalk mechanism. Citroen has changed their manufacturer
for any new ones This occurred about five or six years ago and the guilty parts manufacturer
has since ceased trading.
If you are mechanically minded you can strip out your original unit and modify it but then
you'll have no 'auto-cancel'. HTH :thumbsup:
Thanks for that, think i`ll get the part and have ago at fitting it my self.