Berlingo Forum

Full Version: teething probs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:wave:traided in my nissan navara{had for 6 years},for a 2002/3 multispace last week.so far so good-apart from no owners manual and a problem i might have with rear axle/wheels.If i stand at the rear of the car,loking at the rear wheels,they seem to be tilting into the car VERY slightly on the top side?Any sugestions as to why?
dont know much about the camber on yours,but maybe google images will show if theyre all like that ,steve
Do the tyres look worn ?
Mine even looks perculiar parked up ! this was confirmed by a colleague following me a while back , who asked me when we got to our destination , if I felt juddering as I drove because of how out of true my rear wheels seemed .
The crux of the matter is my tyres wear evenly and last for thousands of miles and the ride is comfy . Even at motorway speeds in excess of 62 mph nothing shakes like a shitting dog ! so I reckon she was built this way . Panic over unless you have just posted about uneven tyre wear :S
Our rear axle made a horrible knocking sound and the rear wheels tilted in some what. Not drastically, but still noticeable when following.

So we replaced it last week for, approx £600 labour at £50 p/h plus VAT plus £160 for the axle. Not a 5 minute job and would not attempt myself.

Other options were:

a) main dealer new axle - ~ £2k?
b) recon axle - £400
c) strip down old axle with no guarantee of fix
d) axle from scrappie and garage fit

We chose option d)

Seems ok although I was told by the garage the replacement axle is different and they had to swap the hubs round. And, I believe our 2007 (57) Berlingo is now an inch or so lower at the back.