Berlingo Forum

Full Version: so many questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, got alot of questions to ask and thought it easier to write them all down in one go, hope thats not a problem. Many thanks in advance.

# Still not sorted the horn only working when the ignitions off, wundered if anyone has an idea how much it will cost to have the bsi reset.

#Read the threads on radio replacement but in simple terms if i go to my local breakers and get a second hand cd radio with the same connections will the controls on the steering stalk work.

#On the dash under the button that locks the doors is a row of buttons and hole blankers, i noticed while having a fiddle :lol: that the middle one that looks like a blank cover has wires going into the back of it, wundered what it was.

# When driving from cold if i leave the heater fan off untill the engine is hot, then turn the fan on it smells of curry, propper curry smell, read a thread about pollen filters and hoped it was that but when i looked i cud`nt find one. under the passenger side dash is a round looking thing, i`ll try and put a picture on, any ideas what causes the smell.

# When steering around a island the steering seems to pulsate the other way. hard to explain, its like it tries to go the other way. wundered if anyone had any ideas.

# my headlight adjusters dont work, when i put the ignition on the motor is going but no movement, wud`nt mind but its stuck in the high position, read the brilliant thread on how to fix it but just wundered if anyone had a photo to post of the rod in situ.

# want to take the dash top off to put a second hand radio display thingy in but carn`t see any clips, is it just brute force? didn`t want to break the cover. was going to prise it off with a screw driver but thought it better to ask first.

# sometimes the gear stick seems to stick. mainly when changing from first to second and sometimes when trying to put into reverse. doesn`t happen alot but just wundered if there was any adjustment in the clutch.

hope no one minds me putting such a big list on but thought it was the best way to do it. looking forward to some answers so i can start tinkering.
Thanks
been on the mk1 section and found thread on how to reset bsi, i`ll try that tomorrow.
Hi Willow ,
Hope this is some help , there is a thread on here somewhere which explains the pulse feeling ! but i couldn't find it again just now , so it's no help is it :eek:
I'll get me coat :brickwall:
Big Grin i`ll have a search and see if i can find it.
Cheers
[Image: 34fcm1c.jpg][Image: vwyd6v.jpg]
couple of pictures that might help. one of the blanking plug with wires connected behind and one of thing under passenger dash that i thought might be connected to the curry smell.
Thanks
Trying to redeem meself now :thumbsup: Mine has always done this , and my mechanic pal , who's driven it dozens of miles , says its drives normal ! Confusedcratch: This guy has changed my power steering pump , and nothing has changed . However , pulsing through corners seems reduced as engine warms up , do you find this so , or does it pulse round corners constantly ?
now you got me thinking, think it does reduce the further i drive it, getting used to it now but just worry that one day it will go mad and send me in the wrong direction.
thanks for replying, you got any sugestions on the other things?
(25-02-2012, 10:42 PM)willow Wrote: [ -> ]now you got me thinking, think it does reduce the further i drive it, getting used to it now but just worry that one day it will go mad and send me in the wrong direction.
thanks for replying, you got any sugestions on the other things?

the thing under the dash, I think its your heater motor, if theres a coolant leak in the heater matrix youll get a smell that gets right up your nose ,some curries smell ok but not a coolant curry.
my berlingo has a hazard light switch where your blanked off one is . and your open one is blanked off.Confusedcratch:
(25-02-2012, 06:53 PM)willow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, got alot of questions to ask and thought it easier to write them all down in one go, hope thats not a problem. Many thanks in advance.

# Still not sorted the horn only working when the ignitions off, wundered if anyone has an idea how much it will cost to have the bsi reset.

#Read the threads on radio replacement but in simple terms if i go to my local breakers and get a second hand cd radio with the same connections will the controls on the steering stalk work.
**** Only if the new stereo has the facility for this - there will be a seperate socket on the back for the input and you will probably need another adaptor for it.

#On the dash under the button that locks the doors is a row of buttons and hole blankers, i noticed while having a fiddle :lol: that the middle one that looks like a blank cover has wires going into the back of it, wundered what it was.
**** That button (on mine) is for the air conditoning. The wiring you see will be part of the universal loom - not of any use to you.

# When driving from cold if i leave the heater fan off untill the engine is hot, then turn the fan on it smells of curry, propper curry smell, read a thread about pollen filters and hoped it was that but when i looked i cud`nt find one. under the passenger side dash is a round looking thing, i`ll try and put a picture on, any ideas what causes the smell.
***** You don't have air conditioning, see above, so you don't have a pollen filter - don't bother looking for one!!!

# When steering around a island the steering seems to pulsate the other way. hard to explain, its like it tries to go the other way. wundered if anyone had any ideas.

# my headlight adjusters dont work, when i put the ignition on the motor is going but no movement, wud`nt mind but its stuck in the high position, read the brilliant thread on how to fix it but just wundered if anyone had a photo to post of the rod in situ.

# want to take the dash top off to put a second hand radio display thingy in but carn`t see any clips, is it just brute force? didn`t want to break the cover. was going to prise it off with a screw driver but thought it better to ask first.
***** Yes, just get a wide bladed screw driver and gently prise it off

# sometimes the gear stick seems to stick. mainly when changing from first to second and sometimes when trying to put into reverse. doesn`t happen alot but just wundered if there was any adjustment in the clutch.

hope no one minds me putting such a big list on but thought it was the best way to do it. looking forward to some answers so i can start tinkering.
Thanks

thanks for your answers, thats a few things off the list, disconnected the brown socket under the seat today (after i disconnected the battery) gave it a blow and connected it back, hey presto the air bag light has gone off. this site is brill.
did the bsi reset to see if it made any difference to the horn, which it didn`t, when you get to the bit where you press the remote to lock the doors should the doors lock? mine didn`t.
thanks