Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Front Brake Lines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, All you Berlinguistics, new to the forum and first post.
I have a 2000 1.9D Multispace and have had a problem with the offside front brake pads locking on to the extent of the wheel becoming very hot and smoking. I have checked and freed the caliper but suspect the piston/seal may need some attention. Ordered new seal kit and brake hoses. My question is are the brake hoses relatively easy to change and any tips would be much appreciated its the end that attaches to the upper brake pipe bracket that confuses me.
regards
Andre505[/size][/font]
Try a search.

There was a thread about front brakes sticking on a while ago. S I remember, it wasn't to do with the calipers or lines, peraps the servo?

I expect one of the members who had this problem will be along before too long.
(12-06-2012, 06:37 PM)Andre505 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, All you Berlinguistics, new to the forum and first post.
I have a 2000 1.9D Multispace and have had a problem with the offside front brake pads locking on to the extent of the wheel becoming very hot and smoking. I have checked and freed the caliper but suspect the piston/seal may need some attention. Ordered new seal kit and brake hoses. My question is are the brake hoses relatively easy to change and any tips would be much appreciated its the end that attaches to the upper brake pipe bracket that confuses me.
regards
Andre505[/size][/font]

I had the same problem , the sticking caliper was caused by the pins that the caliper slides on, the seals round the pins had rotted and burst allowing water and dirt in, new seal kit and everything ok. The brake pipe was a different matter as the nut holding the flexible brake pipe into the bracket had seized and the tube nut holding the pipe onto the flexible pipe was seized onto the metal pipe. In trying to remove it the metal pipe burst , (a little corrosion on it anyway.) Had to piece a metal pipe with male and female ends into it as it was now too short. After bleeding it was ok.