Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Mk1 seat interchangeability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I suffer from the common problem of wear on the drivers seat and fiam base failure along seat frame. Knowing how hard it is to get a second hand seat, I am wondering do any other psa vehicles share the same seat base?
The size of the runners is the same on many, but, look at the height of the seat - that is where the difference is. I've not found one that is comparable
I'm not thinking complete seat base, just the foam etc section. Just thinking if something like a saxo uses same size foam I could get that from a scrapper and transplant into mine.
Ah, I understand. Why not get the foam from the base of a van passenger seat? They usually have less wear than any driver's seat and from a Berlingo van you know it will be the same size
Its trying to find one in a scrapper loxal thats the problem. My neighbours run banger racing and have different cars everyweek being stripped, so if something else would fit from a common car i'd prob be able to get it free!
i replaced mine with the passenger side (foam and cloth), the same will happen again no doubt Sad

thing is when i stripped the seats down i didnt take pics of how the recling handles went, can someone post pics of the handle at the side of a mk1 'lingo?