Berlingo Forum

Full Version: help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello wonder if anyone can help , i have a 1998 600d with the 1769 cc
N/A engine in, and i have just killed it! long story we both went for a swim! any how , i would like to know would the 1.9 engine go in there what vehicals can i do a engine swap from.

ta very much.
Hell of a job Marmite! You will also be taking the ECU and all the electrical wiring from the donor vehicle and putting it in
yours. Best bet would be to either find 1769cc engine to put in yours or go out and buy a 1.9D van for a few hundred quid and
take yours to the scrappy. No cheap options here, I'm pretty certain.
(24-06-2012, 11:42 PM)OlJeffers Wrote: [ -> ]Hell of a job Marmite! You will also be taking the ECU and all the electrical wiring from the donor vehicle and putting it in
yours. Best bet would be to either find 1769cc engine to put in yours or go out and buy a 1.9D van for a few hundred quid and
take yours to the scrappy. No cheap options here, I'm pretty certain.

1905cc 1.9 will fit as it is just a larger capacity version of the same engine, even a turbo. They are part of the XUD range, the 1868 engines are part of the later DW range.

The XUDs are fitted to Peugeot/Citroens up to the end of 1999

There are plenty around and they should be quite cheap. You may end up buying a complete car and taking the engine out and then scrapping the rest.

Good Luck

Peter