Berlingo Forum

Full Version: drivers side electric window not working ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have Mk3 multispace 58 plate , the drivers side electric window has stopped working , its not the fuse as the passenger side works ok any advice on what could be the problem Much appreciated ;-)
The driver's side may be separately fused. Apart from that it could be the switch (easy to check), the wirng
or the motor. ( maybe brushes.)
(30-06-2012, 11:32 PM)OlJeffers Wrote: [ -> ]The driver's side may be separately fused. Apart from that it could be the switch (easy to check), the wirng
or the motor. ( maybe brushes.)

The mk3 have same fuse for both driver and passenger windows , will have to see if it's the switch , anybody know if there's a relay or other control box that could be at fault ?
Ok it's the switch that's faulty, managed to get the centre console apart , the switch is a valeo pt number 9662428277 .. Anybody recommend best place to buy then , or do I just go to the Citroen dealer ?
Probably the main stealer is the only place to go. If you show the average storeman a Valeo part
he'll most likely give you a blank look....Flatter him! Tell him you
need the switch for the driver's side window.....He can then quote the Citroen Part No.
and be able to tell you how many months you'll have to wait to get one!! LoL!
I got quoted 35 quid at the main stealers (robbing b*stards!) so I didn't bother replacing. The electrical part of the switch is ok just the top rocker plastic pivot bit is a bit dodgy.

Rich
(30-06-2012, 05:31 PM)kieranar Wrote: [ -> ]i have Mk3 multispace 58 plate , the drivers side electric window has stopped working , its not the fuse as the passenger side works ok any advice on what could be the problem Much appreciated ;-)

Hey mate, im having a similar issue. Did your motor make a lo noise when you used the switch?.
Hi

Could be gummed up contacts , remove the switch and spray with an electrical contact cleaning spray.

My old Citroen ZX indicator switch would play up from time to time, this sorted it , worth a go.

Jon Confusedalut:
Thought I'd pass on some information I've found

From citroen.service.com, there appear to be two part numbers for the switch, both with slightly different descriptions

1. Part Number 6490E2
WINDOW LIFTER CONTROL SWITCH
FXT- - BLACK CORNELIE
ELECTR CONTROL DRIVERS FRONT WINDOW LIFTER AND ELEC CNTRL PASS FRONT WINDOW LIFTER

2. Part Number 6490HQ
CONTACT SWITCH
FXT- - BLACK CORNELIE
- SEQUENTIAL DRIVER’S ELECTRIC WINDOW AND SEQUEN CONTROL PASSENG FRONT WINDOW LIFTER SINCE RPO 12166

[Image: mw449g.jpg]

Prices on Citroencarparts.net are
6490E2 is £16.41
6490HQ is £31.48

Other option is to have a look in a scrappy for any Citroens round about 2008 and see if any other models use the same switch