Berlingo Forum

Full Version: wiper question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I switch on the windscreen wipers after starting the engine the rear wiper operates for a few times then stops, sometimes for a longer duration than others. The rear switch is set to off. Is this a normal feature or is it the Herbielike personality coming out again? Confusedcratch:
Anyone experienced this? Confusedtudy:
Probably unlikely, but you are not in reverse gear are you??
Mine has done this on occasion when it's raining. Sometimes the rear wiper comes on for a few wipes by itself (although switched off) when it starts to rain. Not often enough to worry about.
Strangely....mine too!:eek::thumbsup:
My Clio used to do that.
And if front wipers were on, rear came on when you select reverse.
(12-07-2012, 09:28 PM)tucker Wrote: [ -> ]Probably unlikely, but you are not in reverse gear are you??

Well yes, I guess I am, didnt think about that but it is when I reverse out of the drive I notice it. Can it be that?
(13-07-2012, 07:01 PM)mrbritse Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2012, 09:28 PM)tucker Wrote: [ -> ]Probably unlikely, but you are not in reverse gear are you??

Well yes, I guess I am, didnt think about that but it is when I reverse out of the drive I notice it. Can it be that?

my skoda does that , helps to see when reversing in the rain.
they are designed to come on when you are in reverse when the front wipers are switched on
(13-07-2012, 01:52 PM)j90xxx Wrote: [ -> ]My Clio used to do that.
And if front wipers were on, rear came on when you select reverse.

My Berlingo does that,it's supposed to.
A case of RTFM? Oops. Confusedillyme: Confusedtudy: Confusedalut:
Pages: 1 2